WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So right now (Tuesday 11/19/13) the wind on Mt. Washington is blowing at 85 miles per hour, with gusts over 95. Wind chill -30. A bit much.

However, it is expected to moderate and be back down to the 30s by Thursday. I've been on Lafayette the wind has been in the 50s, albeit not when it is so cold. I'm thinking about trying again then. Instead of the loop over the three summits, I'm thinking "just" Lafayette will be enough, using the Old Bridle Path both ways. I've already begun intoning my intention to be gone from work on Thursday...

Images

Looks like winds are dropping below "death force", and we've changed plans to head to Adams/Maddy tomorrow. Should be fun. Let us know if you decide take a day off and head up to Lafayette and how that goes!

OK - Mountain Forecast has it down to 30 mph in the AM followed by 40 mph in the PM. No precip and mostly sunny otherwise. The temps are forecast to be in the 30s. The wind speed is less than double temperature, so I think it is OK to go...

Quote Originally Posted by magneto View Post
    OK - Mountain Forecast has it down to 30 mph in the AM followed by 40 mph in the PM. No precip and mostly sunny otherwise. The temps are forecast to be in the 30s. The wind speed is less than double temperature, so I think it is OK to go...
    I was up that way yesterday. I almost used my microspikes because of the large ice flows on the trail, had about 1-2 inches of snow on the ridges.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++