WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by forrest! View Post
    Made it to Gorham NH - I'm out of Maine! But the Whites are next...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Whites are cake after southern Maine. We just got into Manchester Center for a resupply...man, the terrain down here is a welcome treat!
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

The bad weather knocked me down on Mt Lafayette, and I had to bail. Had perfect weather over Mt Washington so I guess the karma had to swing the other way. Taking a day off to regroup and will get back up there somehow on Friday and continue SOBO.
    Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Journal Entries
    Images

Sounds like your moving forward at a good normal pace Forrest. Offer for a zero in Becket in a real house still stands.... Lemon

A North Bound thru who stayed at the place I work had to be admitted to BMC Hospital last week tick bit issues. Since I'm graveyard shift two nights a week I did not wake him. Did not get trail name. But **** happens.
    Last edited by lemon b; 08-16-2014 at 07:18.

Set to start on 8/21, if all things work out- looks like I will be one of the last to start after behind delayed a month. Hope to meet and see a few of the sobo's toward's the end. Safe passage and good luck to all. Giuseppe

Looks like i might be able to start up again after an injury took me out in july. Anyone else starting the end of August?

I made it to Hanover. The trail got instantly easier after Moosilauke - actual dirt on the trail!

I must have seen 50 NOBOs the last three days. Last night at Trapper John shelter there were 9 tents, a full shelter, and me in my hammock. I was the only southbounder.
    Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Now in Manchester Center. Vermont has been very easy and somewhat boring after ME and NH. But you still have to do the miles.

Still seeing NOBOs, but they are thinning out. I've been out 6 weeks, and there is roughly 6 weeks left before BSP closes, so I should be seeing the last ones soon, at least the last serious ones.

There are no SOBOs around me that I know of. Marathon Man seems to be a few days ahead, and the couple Snacks and Potato. There are many that I met that are either behind me or gone home. Probably some of the 20-somethings will catch up and go by when they hit the easy terrain.

But I'm still plugging away at it. I need more zero days than the younger hikers - one a week is welcome!

Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Massachusetts! Next stop: Connecticut!

Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Congrats forest, I'm hoping weather will let me get that far. 4 days to go! I've been checking your blog every so often. Keep on truckin!

Journal Entries

Massachusetts! Next stop: Connecticut!

Congratulations keep up the walk
    Blackheart

Made it to PA, ~970 miles more or less. Been picking up the pace lately. Hope to make it to Harpers Ferry 2nd week of Oct. Fall is rapidly approaching...

Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Congrats! Enjoy reading your progress. The weather in the Mid-Atlantic has been positively heavenly!!
    Demeter's Blog

Demeter's Video Channel

"What is a weed? A plant who's virtues have not yet been discovered" ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal Entries

Forrest keep up the good pace your doing Great! If you haven't yet Pick up a ORANGE colored hat or light vest Hunting season is fast approaching and/or already opened in several of your walking toward states. I plan to follow same South bound in 2016.You are an inspiration!!

Finished my thruhike yesterday! What an incredible experience. Happy and sad to be done. Going to put a photo journal together soon. Some photos here: http://instagram.com/chrstphrschwng

132 Days
    June 1st through October 9th

-Chris "Sandals" Schwing
    Sandals! (SOBO 2014)

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisschwing View Post
    Finished my thruhike yesterday! What an incredible experience. Happy and sad to be done. Going to put a photo journal together soon. Some photos here: http://instagram.com/chrstphrschwng

132 Days
    June 1st through October 9th

-Chris "Sandals" Schwing
    Congratulations Chris!! Saw some really nice shots
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

I'm in Waynesboro, just finished Shenandoah. Having a great time so far, but getting tired of the chore of resupply. I'm using maildrops, which makes it easier - don't know how the people who shop do it. Maybe I'm just old and tired!

There's a string of SOBOs around me (not enough for a bubble). Marathon Man, Kid, gravity & up in the air, Walky & Talky. But I only see them occasionally. Lots of section hikers to chat with though - that may change when leaf season is over.

Anyway, still working my way south...

Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Registered User dudeijuststarted's Avatar
    Images

Great to see the SOBO's out there killin' it. Hopefully you're crushing Ming as appropriate. Hike or die!

Congrats, Chris! I think we used to play ultimate together one summer like 6 or so years ago. I was heading the other way this summer, but I'm not sure if we ever really crossed paths on the trail.

-Thomas Williams / Medic

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

I'm in Waynesboro, just finished Shenandoah. Having a great time so far, but getting tired of the chore of resupply. I'm using maildrops, which makes it easier - don't know how the people who shop do it. Maybe I'm just old and tired!

There's a string of SOBOs around me (not enough for a bubble). Marathon Man, Kid, gravity & up in the air, Walky & Talky. But I only see them occasionally. Lots of section hikers to chat with though - that may change when leaf season is over.

Anyway, still working my way south...

Awww... just left there yesterday to come into Richmond to work for the week. Sorry to have missed you Forrest. Would have loved to have taken you out for a meal and run you around if you needed it. Hated having to leave. It is beautiful up there right now. Best of luck on your journey. Will be keeping an eye out for when you make it to GA.
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Its not supposed to snow on Halloween! Trick or treat! Got about 3" of wet heavy snow around 4000 feet north of Pearisburg. And cold this morning. It will probably melt soon though.

No other southbounders around me now that I know of. Saw nobody at all the last 2 days, but that was probably because of the snow. Yes, its cold and wet and uncomfortable, but its also beautiful!

Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
++ New Posts ++