WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    I'm looking at a start date around June 15th. No telling how far I'll get, but I've got 8 weeks to work with. Trying to whittle my pack weight down and increase my endurance over the next six months so that I can comfortably hike some long days and cover as much ground as possible (while still enjoying the trip).
    Some significant complications have been introduced so I'm not able to leave town for two months this summer. Trying to plan a BMT and Long Trail thru instead so I can be gone for a couple of weeks at a time and homeno later than mid July.

Journal Entries

I am trying to reserve a spot at KSC, but they're not answering the phone, and the online system isn't allowing it either. Will try tomorrow, as there plenty of lean-tos available on 6/26 and /27. Am getting excited!
    All things noble are as rare as they are difficult...​Spinoza

Quote Originally Posted by Nick P View Post
    I am trying to reserve a spot at KSC, but they're not answering the phone, and the online system isn't allowing it either. Will try tomorrow, as there plenty of lean-tos available on 6/26 and /27. Am getting excited!
    KSC Has a 4 month rolling reservation window for their online system. You'll be able to register for the 26th in about 6 hours and the 27th tomorrow.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by futuretj View Post
    KSC Has a 4 month rolling reservation window for their online system. You'll be able to register for the 26th in about 6 hours and the 27th tomorrow.
    Oh, right you are...thanks!
    Nick

Hey everyone! SOBOer here. My husband and I have a reservation at Baxter for June 19. Getting nervous/excited!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sekollbake View Post
    Hey everyone! SOBOer here. My husband and I have a reservation at Baxter for June 19. Getting nervous/excited!
    Welcome, my girlfriend and I are starting around that time, hope to see you on the trail!

I just made my reservation for 6/28 and 6/29 at KSC! June can't come soon enough!

Images

hmmm, something tells me I should probably register at Baxter pretty soon...

Quote Originally Posted by DocMahns View Post
    hmmm, something tells me I should probably register at Baxter pretty soon...
    I'm not leaving until July 12, so it's going to be tough to watch and wait while all you June hikers get out there ahead of me!

Forrest

Hi everybody. I'll start around July 1st from Mount Katahdin. Try to hike the entire trail in four months - but with the option to extension Greetings from Europe

Hi Swiss and welcome to WhiteBlaze!

I'm planning on climbing Katahdin on the 28th of June and taking 5 months to hike the trail, so imagine you'll be catching up to me somewhere in the 100 mile wilderness. Best of luck and hope to bump into you in a few months.

-Gravity

Primary leave date is June 3, my backup date is first week of July. I will be the one hiking with the Great Dane.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by redzombie View Post
    Primary leave date is June 3, my backup date is first week of July. I will be the one hiking with the Great Dane.
    Awesome! Hope to meet you both, Great Danes are one of my favorite dog breeds!

Hey guys! I'm "Samson", a 54 y/o grandmother, who hopes to start my SoBo section hike June 30th. Will be my first time to hike the AT alone, since losing my long-time hiking buddy 8 months ago. Last year, we hiked from Harper's Ferry to Mt Moosilauke (NH). Would love any advice or just a supportive smile would be appreciated.

Made my camping reservation today at Baxter State Park/Katahdin Stream Campground - July 12 - 4 months to go!

$14 out of state car fee? Wow!

My wife of 34 years and I will spend the week before down on the Maine coast, then she will summit Katahdin with me and we'll spend that night at KSC. Then I am off SOBO the next morning!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by forrest! View Post
    Made my camping reservation today at Baxter State Park/Katahdin Stream Campground - July 12 - 4 months to go!

$14 out of state car fee? Wow!

My wife of 34 years and I will spend the week before down on the Maine coast, then she will summit Katahdin with me and we'll spend that night at KSC. Then I am off SOBO the next morning!
    hey forrest, how come the late start? aren't you worried about hitting winter?

Quote Originally Posted by DocMahns View Post
    hey forrest, how come the late start? aren't you worried about hitting winter?
    Yes, I'm worried. December in the Smokies is wet and cold and dark. But family obligations pushed my start back into July. 13 mpd should have me finished by Christmas. I hope. So much depends on having good luck!

Images

Forrest will be fine leaving mid July...still plenty of SOBO's starting at that time.
    Order your copy of the Appalachian Trail Passport at www.ATPassport.com

Green Mountain House Hostel
    Manchester Center, VT

http://www.greenmountainhouse.net

Quote Originally Posted by forrest! View Post
    Yes, I'm worried. December in the Smokies is wet and cold and dark. But family obligations pushed my start back into July. 13 mpd should have me finished by Christmas. I hope. So much depends on having good luck!
    Kinda like that Thru-hiker Video game!

Journal Entries

Hi Samson,
    I'm a 48 y/o father of two girls, who (at least to this point, thankfully) isn't yet a grandfather. Starting a few days ahead of you, but solo and thru SOBO too. I'm slow-going, so am sure that you'll catch up. See you out there.
    Nick

QUOTE=jsamsonlee;1859822]Hey guys! I'm "Samson", a 54 y/o grandmother, who hopes to start my SoBo section hike June 30th. Will be my first time to hike the AT alone, since losing my long-time hiking buddy 8 months ago. Last year, we hiked from Harper's Ferry to Mt Moosilauke (NH). Would love any advice or just a supportive smile would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++