WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

I have made it to Georgia! Staying at the new Top of Georgia hostel, which is just a half mile off trail at Dicks Creek Gap - great place. Planning to finish in 4 more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Awesome forrest! I am so glad for you; thank you for taking us along. You are an inspiration. Here's to your last few days on the trail -- hoping you enjoy every step!

Sent from...wait, where am I again?
    fortis fortuna adjuvat

Journal Entries

Forrest you are an inspiration for all of us; finish healthy& Merry Christmas

Journal Entries
    Images

For any trail supporters South of Buena Vista, FYI- there is a final group of sobo's who wld appreciate some love, so please keep an eye out for them. I just finished up HF to BV & my last might in camp (12/12)at Selley Woodworth I was with Clooney & Sobo Hobo & they said another group was just 1 or 2 days ahead of them. If you live near there, I'm sure they could use some pick me up, like an easy ride into town or a hot meal at a road crossing. Thanks & Merry Christmas!
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

I believe I passed you Saturday. A buddy and I were heading NB to the state line for an overnight. I read a bit of this thread. Good luck.
    GA 80-Miler

Forrest, I know from following your trailjournal that you are due to finish today and I want to say congratulations! You SOBOs in the class of 2014 who have still been out there in late October and November (particularly November) and December have faced unseasonably bad winter weather this year. You have kept at it through that and also the illness that brought you down for a while in southern Virginia. I think it's safe to say you have faced more hardships in your hike than most thru-hikers experience, but you have persevered.

My hat is off to you. And since you are the same age I will be in my first year of retirement, you give me hope.

Journal Entries

Forrest the Best Wish today as you Complete an Epic Hike

I'm done. So glad to be home but a little lost about not having to get up and walk tomorrow.

A large group finished yesterday, including Slim Jim and Swish. Many were still at the Springer shelter today. Walky and Talky were probably right behind me. I know 5 who were still hiking that I last saw in Erwin and Hot Springs. Hope they are still having fun and moving south.

So I'm sitting on my own couch, in a warm house, with a full fridge of things I want to eat, with my lovely wife smiling at me. Maybe the thru-hike was worth it!
    Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Congratulation Forrest!!
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Images

Congratulations, Forrest!
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Congratulations to all who have finished their sobo's and especially to you, Forrest for including all of us in your journey and starting this thread. As I take a zero in Damascus, I know of at least 6 behind me and 1 in front of me that continue on the journey south. If the truth be told, this journey has left me feeling of blessed and I am very happy with it. Giuseppe

Good luck to other SOBOs. Laugh and love at how many people tell you that it couldn't be done. Finished Dec. 26th. Wasn't "late" for anything as far as I could tell.

-Rodeo

Registered User 2015 Lady Thru-Hiker's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jolim24601 View Post
    Good luck to other SOBOs. Laugh and love at how many people tell you that it couldn't be done. Finished Dec. 26th. Wasn't "late" for anything as far as I could tell.

-Rodeo
    Congrats!! Way to show 'em!!
    ““Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees....” ― John Muir

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
++ New Posts ++