WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Actually, you did respond, and that's not racism. You must not be too busy, you responded in one minute. Deflate the ego, you're not the first, nor the last.

Somebody feed this guy, he's starved for attention.
    Last edited by Poedog; 06-04-2014 at 22:53.
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

Bwahahaha, like VH1 diaries you think you know but you have no idea. Let me reiterate. I will not respond to your racism means I will let that comment slide not that I wont be responding at all. More than one comment was grammatically slaughtered on your last post. Let me clarify the "goofing off" since you have absolutely no idea what you walked into. That would be, my ever so misinformed friend, us messing with each other over statements made to us by others rather facetiously. So no insult intended in your direction, but your misinterpretation of our friendly ribbing adds to the hilarity of our evening. Why? Because I am doing a yo yo and he is going home so I get to poke fun by batting for the sobo team. You had no clue what we were doing. Its all good in the hood G-$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I want you to doubt me. I don't want you to believe, because this is something I must use to succeed." -Eminem

nice vh1 simile, you guys battle in the shelters? yeah, we get it, it's friendly ribbing, it's pretty obvious.

Have fun on your yo-yo, yo.
    "eastern rain is made of skittles and one need only pack an appetite." - mweinstone

Yo know it brohan and we battle all day every day since we have been stuck in a gruesome two some since Fontana Damn, NC. We dont take anything seriously anymore and stress nothing.

"I want you to doubt me. I don't want you to believe, because this is something I must use to succeed." -Eminem

We have been told all this negative stuff by so many people that we use it against each other just for laughs. I think some people on here take too much so seriously. Its all in fun. Dude, you should hear the songs we make up! Hilarity!

Finished south 60 miles of HMW. JoMary Road to base of Whitecap is a stroll on great, mainly level trails. Whitecap to Gulf Hagas has more elevation change, but trail in great condition, and extensive trail work (stone steps) makes section easier than profile would indicate. Gulf Hagas to south is very rugged, but trail in good condition. Bugs are horrible, of course. Good luck all!

Joshuasdad, thanks for the update. A bunch more hikers starting south soon.

Going SOBO in 2014!
    My Trail Journal

Heck yeah joshuasdad, go get em!

Thank you forrest! for this thread. I am QuietFlight also from the land of the southern terminus, descendant of the Muscogee. Katahdin "the greatest mountain", summit planned for July 3. Look forward to sharing the trail with my brothers and sisters. Walk with the Mother, leave no trace, of any kind.

Images

Just got back from a 5.5 day section hike of the 100MW southbound. Surprisingly DRYER than 4 out of the last 5 times I've done it. Most of the mud and muck is between Wadleigh Stream Lean-To and Potaywadjo Spring Lean-To (where it belongs). More detailed trip report with pictures to come. maybe somewhere else on the site.

Dakota Joe been following your story for a while now. I would love to hike the 100 with you and go as fast or slow as you want. I've done it in 4 off of the couch before, just shoot me a pm.
    2012 SOBO section Abol Bridge to Rangeley

Hi Forrest! I'm a little late on this post, but will be getting into Maine the afternoon of 6 July and heading up Katahdin early on the 7th. Looks like there are several folks right in front of me and a few behind me. Look forward to catching some of you and being caught by others!

Hi kight_17, I'll be summiting on the 7th as well! My name is Sean (trail name TBD). I'm from Texas so I'm looking forward to some lovely Maine summer weather - having said that we'll probably get thunderstorms but my fingers are crossed! Hope to see you and some of the rest of my fellow MEGAs out there.

If you haven' heard, the Abol trail to the top of Katahdin is closed this year. Here is the thread about it.

This is not the AT. That's the Hunt Trail on Katahdin. But it is an alternate trail to the top that is used by a lot of people to make a loop - in other words, go up the Abol Trail and down the AT (Hunt Trail). It's also not the trail that goes out the Knife Edge - those trails are still open.

Registered User O-H-10 Lil Ohio's Avatar

Default SOBO late July with pacemaker

Heading south bound around 20 july, I Hope to get the go ahead from the doc to travel with new pacemaker on 14 July., I just have inplanted 6 weeks ago. Although I an experience hiker I have also known to be a slow hiker .I well do some pre hikes on old rag mountain here in Virginia prior to going onto Baxter State Park. . Do any of you know hikers who have had a pacemaker and don't mind sharing their experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by scs View Post
    Hi kight_17, I'll be summiting on the 7th as well! My name is Sean (trail name TBD). I'm from Texas so I'm looking forward to some lovely Maine summer weather - having said that we'll probably get thunderstorms but my fingers are crossed! Hope to see you and some of the rest of my fellow MEGAs out there.
    Hi Sean, Look forward to meeting you! I sweat so much that it doesn't matter if it rains. Lightning could be bad though...

Things are falling into place for my July 17 start date, booked into Katadhin Stream for the night of the 17th after coming down from the Mountain. Looking forward to crossing paths with others that are here.
    Guiseppe

Hi Tumor. Thanks for your useful information! Will start southbound in a week.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Hi everyone. My first post. Sitting in Australia reading with itchy feet. Hoping to get my visa By July 1st and jump a plane straight to L.A. then Bangor and wing it from there. Should manage to be on a mountain in second week of July with lotza luck. Hope to see some new friends soon.

Images

@divegary, I will be heading out the 17th hope to see you out there!

@wicked dan, good luck getting over here, hope to see you on trail!

My June start has been delayed and if all home renovations go as planned, I should be out on there middle of July to August 1. Hope to start July though

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++