WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default I don't want a trail name.

I just want to be called by my real name, is that gonna be ok?

To be honest I am not actually going to be doing the AT for another 5 years, but already worried that people are gonna think I'm a stick in the mud for not having a trail name.

Quote Originally Posted by bishbash View Post

To be honest I am not actually going to be doing the AT for another 5 years, but already worried that people are gonna think I'm a stick in the mud for not having a trail name.
    As long as you don't have any noteworthy habits or idiosyncasies, you'll be okay. Otherwise, you'll get tagged with one, whether you like it or not.

I was thinking perhaps I shall tell people that my real name is Angel Dust, but whilst on the trail I shall be using the pseudonym of "Rob". Yes that would work, would only be a white lie and I would feel happier.

Fair enough aficion, there must be some people (a lot?) that don't use trail names. Right?

I assume that your name is Rob so tell folks that your trail name is Rob. When they ask further questions you tell them that it stands for "rain on back" with an outlandish story to back it up. Another option is to use "just Rob" and folks will call you Rob. Check out the AT listing of 2000 milers and you will see some without trail names.

You could start by using your real name on this site. John Buckner; Lexington, Kentucky.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    You could start by using your real name on this site. John Buckner; Lexington, Kentucky.
    Can I call you Sloop?

Don't worry about it.

Sent from somewhere.

Lol! On the trail I always use my real name and have heard some really snarky comments.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Some people will insist on a trail name. The majority of people won't care. But, the minority is usually the most vocal.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

... Hum....
    Want a 'Hike Your Own Hike' sticker?... => send me a message <=

Favorite quote;
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsET View Post
    My guess is that you are terribly lost, and have no idea how to the use the internet.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Some people will insist on a trail name. The majority of people won't care. But, the minority is usually the most vocal.
    And some people simply have a real name that's catchy enough to become a trail name.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Resistance is futile, you will become assimilated into the collective. So says the Borg. Trail names are a gift given to you by others, refusal is not a good option. You may think you are alone out there and you will start out that way. In a weeks time you will be on the team and will be awarded your "trail name". You will embrace it. Resistance is futile.

Images

It is fine to not have a trail name.

Good grief. . . Worry about something that is really important, like whether you're gonna freeze to death in your wet clothes or break your leg when (not if) you fall scrambling over some rocks. Go with Rob, and tell people it is your trail name.

Journal Entries

I don't have a trail name yet. Occasionally someone will ask my trail name, but nobody ever thought it was weird that I don't have one.

On the other hand, I feel like I'm missing out by not having an alternate identity. My husband keeps trying to give me trail names, but so far they've been kind of dumb (Yes, "dumbbell" has been mentioned!).

I know! I'll make a new identity for each section we do. That way I can support my multiple personalities!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aficion View Post
    Can I call you Sloop?
    Only if he hikes with his Grandfather

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Add a trail name, try out your trail name, change your trail name, get rid of your trail name. Most on the trail will like you no matter what moniker you go by.

Rolls Kanardly

Uhh, a user name doesn't seem to currently be bothering you. How about the trail name Bishbash to match this sites user name ... uhh, you're using?

Peakbagger Extraordinaire The Solemates's Avatar

on whiteblaze, your trailname is now stick in the mud
    The only thing better than mountains, is mountains where you haven't been.

amongnature.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++