WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hammock rain fly

Anyone have a cheap but efficient way to make a hammock rain fly? My old one ripped and I'm looking to make a whole new one!

Head over to Hammockforums.net to take a look at all the DIY suggestions for sizes and styles.

I ordered all my supplies in from DIYgearsupply dot com - Scott is wonderful to deal with and he has some sample layouts of tarps on his website.

I used kraft wrapping paper and a piece of string on the wall to do my catenary cut layouts, others have used everything from the mathematical formula to a piece of 1/2" pvc to get the curve.

If you've never sewed before, practice rolling hems and such with some extra stuff sacks first. There is no such thing as too many stuff sacks!!

Either that or look in the for sale section there and maybe you can pick one up already made for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Boot View Post
    Head over to Hammockforums.net to take a look at all the DIY suggestions for sizes and styles. I ordered all my supplies in from DIYgearsupply dot com - Scott is wonderful to deal with and he has some sample layouts of tarps on his website. I used kraft wrapping paper and a piece of string on the wall to do my catenary cut layouts, others have used everything from the mathematical formula to a piece of 1/2" pvc to get the curve. If you've never sewed before, practice rolling hems and such with some extra stuff sacks first. There is no such thing as too many stuff sacks!! Either that or look in the for sale section there and maybe you can pick one up already made for a good price.
    Thanks for the info!! Gonna go there right now!!

Also look at the marketplace. Cheap tarps pop up every now and again

https://www.hammockforums.net/index.php?page=blackcat

But anyway you slice it, 8 yards of sil isn't "cheap"

++ New Posts ++