WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Easy tarp tent designs?

I'm searching of course, but there is a dizzying amount of info and designs out there. I'd like to find a good design with a floor that uses hiking poles (one or two) so a tree isn't necessary. I don't mind having to cut it to a certain design and/or adding grommets. Would LOVE to find a good economical source of that silicone impregnated nylon everyone raves about. I'm searching for that too. But I thought it would be great idea to ask the pros here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Images

Get the 'seconds' at outdoor wilderness fabrics

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs has fabric and such. Also have some designs that might work for you, if you're looking for inspiration.

Images

I think one of the easiest and best designs to make is a mid design such as the MLD Solomid. And I will never own another SilNy shelter again due to the stretch. My last two shelters have been Cuben Fiber which I believe is far superior, but much pricier, than nylon at least for the body of the shelter. As always, your priorities may be different.

Well I'm looking for designs with floors so I can try to make one out of a regular tarp material before moving on to the more expensive fabrics.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    I think one of the easiest and best designs to make is a mid design such as the MLD Solomid. And I will never own another SilNy shelter again due to the stretch. My last two shelters have been Cuben Fiber which I believe is far superior, but much pricier, than nylon at least for the body of the shelter. As always, your priorities may be different.
    Have you tried a lightweight coated polyester? I've read it has lots less stretch.

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by B.j. Clark View Post
    Bearpaw Wilderness Designs has fabric and such. Also have some designs that might work for you, if you're looking for inspiration.
    +1 My 10x12 is in homage to their design (with a few modifications) and with some of their materials/supplies.

OWF is also another great place to get silnylon.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

++ New Posts ++