WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Joe

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingHiker View Post
    Dakota Joe may have a bright future in politics.
    .......or sports. New trail name - "Tiger" Joe.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Team Dakota Joe View Post
    Well its not for smoking weed if that's what you're implying. Lol
    just felt it was overkill

Hi guys! Greetings from team Dakota Joe. Let me start by saying, this is not Joe. No third person being used here.

C'mon Roadside - give it up.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    just felt it was overkill
    at the least a mini-bic

Images

Quote Originally Posted by atmilkman View Post
    at the least a mini-bic
    why the heck does he need it at all?hes got the bowie knife.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    why the heck does he need it at all?hes got the bowie knife.
    You're right! He could just strike it against the sidewalks in FL.

Images

On a serious note, "Real Men" without proper gear get themselves in serious trouble hiking the AT in the winter. That often results in other folks risking their lives to save said "real men". "Real Men" do not put other folks in danger just to serve their own foolish pride.

Dakota Joe would do much better if he gave up the bravado, came up with a real apology, corrected his previous damage, and asked for sincere advice and assistance from the good folks here on WB.

Images

If tlhike. Thats where the fun is. As for the danger this places first responders in,
    Joe offers up a heartfelt "My Bad Dudes"

Stop asking for apologies. There wont be any more. Dakota Joe has already expressed his sympathy for whatever small mistakes that may or may not have been made as a result of inexperiance and over enthusiasm.

On a side note, check out your boy Dakota Joe scare some kids on A & E Beyond Scared Straight , port charlotte , fl episode,
    available on Comast OnDemand!!!
    Posted by:
    Murdock
    The Producer

Images

If the good people here at whiteblaze want to help out in the form of sponsership or donations. Contact Joe or the Team for details on how

As for the the danger factor of an ill prepared winter hike. Thats where the fun is. As for the danger this places first responders in,
    Joe offers up a heartfelt "My Bad Dudes"

Stop asking for apologies. There wont be any more. Dakota Joe has already expressed his sympathy for whatever small mistakes that may or may not have been made as a result of inexperience and over enthusiasm.

On a side note, check out your boy Dakota Joe scare some kids on A & E Beyond Scared Straight , port charlotte , fl episode,
    available on Comcast OnDemand!!!
    Keep the Dream Alive!!
    Posted by:
    Murdock
    The Producer

Images

There is nothing fun about being unprepared in the winter. I have been standing up for Dakota Joe on WB, but that ends now. The people on this website take hiking seriously. Until you have spent a night outside when it's below 10 and snowing you have no idea what your in for. People with experience are offering advice and guidance and instead of reaching out to us, you ask for donations and push Dakota Joe's TV show. I was hopeful that Joe was looking to better himself by using the trail the way we all are, but now it's clear he is just pushing his own self interest. Before you ask for donations, please keep in mind your talking to an audience that have jobs, families and responsibilities. We pay for our adventures by working, not by looking for handouts. I'm sure my message will fall on deaf ears, but Joe's 1st night in sub freezing conditions while wearing jeans and a hoody will leave a lasting memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Second Hand View Post
    Joe's 1st night in sub freezing conditions while wearing jeans and a hoody will leave a lasting memory.
    ChinMusic wants to warn DJ about wearing a hoodie while in Florida.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

If he is only doing 13 miles per day on a bike, no wonder he is starting the trail in December. He'll be lucky to make it to Katahdin by Oct. 15th, if at all.

I can't wait to see Dakota Joe on "Beyond Scared Straight: Keeping the dream alive in The Whites"

Images

irst off Chinmusic thank you for your support. Please continue to support Joe, there is no reason not to! To be clear all of Joe's donations have been provided by sponsors and reputable businesses in exchange for advertising. Dakota joe and his team have never asked an individual person or private party for any type of donation or contribution at all. Ever. My remark was sarcasm directed at the gentleman who suggested Dakota Joe needs to really apologize and then ask for help. He wants no help.
    I understand that you take hiking seriously around here. It's a way of life for you and a hobby, but it is still fun correct? Is there no room around here or tolerance for a guy that wants to experience nature and the elements, and crack jokes the whole way?
    Dakota joe is a shameless self-promoter, notorious womanizer, arrogent, sometimes rude, sometimes funny, but always real dude, and has slept in as many jails as trails you have hiked.
    He will yo-yo the Appalachian Trail with nothing but the gear on his back and $200 a month for food, in the middle of winter no cash. Although any donations or sponsorships he may acquire along his trip in the trail towns will be at his disposal if he needs anything.

Don't worry picture, video and constant updates will be provided via this thread and his facebook pages. I mean you guys think at some point he's going to be freezing to death in the rainy snow atop a cold mountain crying for his mommy right? Well, if that happens I can assure you we will be bringing you video.

KEEPING THE DREAM ALIVE!!
    Posted by:
    Murdock
    The Producer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    ChinMusic wants to warn DJ about wearing a hoodie while in Florida.
    To be clear. I ( Murdock the Producer ) , NOT Dakota Joe!! Say that dude in the hoodie got what he deserved. Stand Yer Ground !!
    Posted by:
    Murdock
    The Producer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter'12 View Post
    If he is only doing 13 miles per day on a bike, no wonder he is starting the trail in December. He'll be lucky to make it to Katahdin by Oct. 15th, if at all.

I can't wait to see Dakota Joe on "Beyond Scared Straight: Keeping the dream alive in The Whites"
    The reason it started off as slow going is that Dakolta had immediate family fall severely ill. He stopped for a week. This is all discussed on his facebook page. But from now on all updates will be posted here as well.

If you cant wait to see him on Scared straight check the A & E catagory OnDemand.
    Posted by:
    Murdock
    The Producer

Why is it necessary to criticize DJ for "only" biking 13 miles a day?

I'll point out the obvious that DJ is biking 350 miles to AFSP where he will start a thru hike in the most inhospitable weather conditions.

While those criticizing him are sitting on their fat azzes in their lazy boy chairs with the thermostat set to 72 sucking on a beer with one hand down their pants like Al Bundy in Married With Children.

Who really should be criticized?

To be clear. I ( Murdock the Producer ) , NOT Dakota Joe!! Say that dude in the hoodie got what he deserved. Stand Yer Ground !!
    Yer Ground may not hold you for very long.... jus sayin.

The reason it started off as slow going is that Dakolta had immediate family fall severely ill. He stopped for a week. This is all discussed on his facebook page. But from now on all updates will be posted here as well.

If you cant wait to see him on Scared straight check the A & E catagory OnDemand.
    I watched it, kind of amusing.

But for real, how long is Dakota Joe expecting his Yo-Yo to take? One year, two years, etc. Does he have a plan for when his gear breaks? What is the temp rating on his sleeping bag? We can give him a hard time, but nobody wants to see him in a life and death situation.

Images

. . . Stand Yer Ground !!
    Can we say "troll," boys and girls?
    Me no care, me here free beer. Tap keg, please?

Where is the compassion for this mis-guided soul? After all, he IS attempting a yo-yo thru hike on the AT; isn't that what its all about?

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++