WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    We switched to coconut sugar in my house as well- is it really better- who knows, but when I need some sugar might as well get a little extra out of it.
    I switched from soy sauce to coconut aminos and from white flour to coconut flour.
    ~Trudging the road of happy destiny~

2 heaping tablespoons of coconut oil in your morning coffee will keep you on your feet marching strong for hours.

Also, I'm not going to debate nutrition with anyone, especially where the saturated fat is bad boogey man goes. I encourage all to do their own research. I will say this though. Healthy saturated fat that is found in stuff like coconut oil and grass fed organic meats is not the same as the saturated fats found in animals raised in industrialized concentrated meat operations. It also shouldn't be put on the same shelve as trans fats. Also, while olive oil can be healthy as long as it isn't heated the other vegetable/seed oils are all not only rancid, but actually transform into transfat when heated.

Again, I encourage you do your own research (or don't and keep believing the malarkey being fed to us by the govt and big agribusiness). The link below goes to a video that is worth an hour of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-tnVZtPgU

Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    +1 on coconut in oatmeal. I use Bob's Red Mill coconut flakes. We switched to coconut sugar in my house as well- is it really better- who knows, but when I need some sugar might as well get a little extra out of it. Coconut oil is next on my list to play with- Matt Kirk and Anish both used it. Eating and moisturizing on both accounts I believe. Carries better than olive oil and Matt was the one who recommended the DQ blizzard style dip mentioned above.

To answer the op question- When I get some I'll be trying some coconut curry rice. My understanding is that you toast the rice (or any grain) in the oil for a bit, then add minimal water to cook the rice, add some veggies and sunflower seeds to round out the meal. Quinoa would work too, and I think coconut and Chinese five spice would be good. Coconut and mint would also make a great cold grain (Tabuleh style) based dish for hot days.

Edit- I understand Trader Joe's has the best deal, good mix of quality and price.
    I buy my coconut oil from Nutiva. Easy to find online. Here is a decent article touting the benefits of coconut oil. I've been eating it for 3 + years and can't say enough good things about it. Your mileage may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by googlywoogly View Post
    I buy my coconut oil from Nutiva. Easy to find online. Here is a decent article touting the benefits of coconut oil. I've been eating it for 3 + years and can't say enough good things about it. Your mileage may vary...
    Bah forgot the link. My bad.

http://www.treelight.com/health/nutr...oconutOil.html

excellent video lecture. Thanks for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by googlywoogly View Post
    Also, I'm not going to debate nutrition with anyone, especially where the saturated fat is bad boogey man goes. I encourage all to do their own research. I will say this though. Healthy saturated fat that is found in stuff like coconut oil and grass fed organic meats is not the same as the saturated fats found in animals raised in industrialized concentrated meat operations. It also shouldn't be put on the same shelve as trans fats. Also, while olive oil can be healthy as long as it isn't heated the other vegetable/seed oils are all not only rancid, but actually transform into transfat when heated.

Again, I encourage you do your own research (or don't and keep believing the malarkey being fed to us by the govt and big agribusiness). The link below goes to a video that is worth an hour of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-tnVZtPgU
    Let me go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++