WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I use the Canon Powershot SX230 HS. At 7.87 oz, it's one of the heaviest things I carry! (heavier than my sleeping pad, lol!!) But I LOVE this camera. For me, pictures and videos are extremely important - that's how you remember the trip. This camera has 14X optical zoom, try getting that on an iPhone! It sounds like you want a lighter weight, but I would not use a cell phone as my only camera. IMO the capacity is too limited.

For example, here's a picture I took of some locals jumping off rocks. I was far up a mountain when I saw it, but because of my hella awesome zoom I was able to capture it.

IMG_0709.jpg

So after taking the Gopro Hero3 black I decided to give the Sony Action Cam a try. I couldn't be happier with it. Its a little on the heavy side at 6oz and I'm not a big fan of carrying anything that doesn't pull double duty but couldn't be happker with the battery life. I played with kt all day today and got about 4 1/2 hours of battery life out of It shooting at 1080 and 30 fps. When I compared the video footage compared to the Godpro I was much happker with the sony. It didn't have a yellowish tent like the gopro had. Also I get a lot more recording time on a 32gb card with it. Thanks for all the recommendations.

^ ^. This is what I've been saying since post #2. Camcorders are best for video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++