WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: AMC Shuttle

Default AMC Shuttle

Can someone share some info on the AMC Shuttle.....especially regarding the Crawford Notch and Franconia Notch area. Thanks

thanks...sojo

The standard complaint by folks is that the timing doesn't line up well for most hikers who want to hit the trail early. That's true as its is optimized to meet the needs of folks using the AMC hut system. Its an expensive service to run so be glad the AMC is able to offer it for all. The alternative is a private shuttle service which is far more costly but somewhat more convenient

As an option, I've never had a problem with hitching in that area.

Images

My son and I needed to get from Crawford Notch to Franconia Notch (or vise-versa) last weekend, and the times that the AMC Shuttle could pick us up and drop us off just wouldn't have worked very well. It really wasn't practical to get from one to the other in the morning and still have enough time to hike any significant mileage. We could possibly have left our car at the Highland Center and shuttled at both the beginning and the end of the hike, but that would have locked in an ending time on the last day, and would have cost $44 each (if we wanted to be sure we had a seat.) We decided instead to go with Shuttle Connection. We left our car at Franconia Notch and got a ride to Crawford Notch.
    Formerly uhfox

Springer to Bear Mountain Inn, NY
    N Adams, MA to Clarendon VT
    Franconia Notch to Crawford Notch

++ New Posts ++