WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Poll: How long is your HAIR

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    American Idiot
    Images

I tried that bald stuff, but I really hate to shave all the time so it was annoying. With one or two days growth on my head I was the human velcro patch. The shirt would get hung up there trying to take it on and off, lint would collect and the people at work freaked out. I wish I could grow my hair long, but it just turns into a big fro and everyone calls me Mr Carter. I tried the scraggly beard for a few months and didn't much like it, other than not having to shave. Even went the way of the mullet for a couple of years. Now, it's short but not short enough that folks think I'm in the military. So it varies from Mr. Carter to somewhat short and beard to stubble, depending on my mood. Whereas all the guys in my family have the same haircut and style, year after year after year. I've always been too chicken to dye the hair though. Maybe someday...

PS You people are weird...

Default I just cut mine

only 7 short days ago i had a good head of hair on me, I'm talking gettin close to the shoulders, and i decided to shave it after a hike in very humid weather, i couldnt take it...for summer i'm a sir yes sir kinda guy, come winter me barber misses the business

http://www.myspace.com/officialbillville Mountain Dew's Avatar

Wacocelt...... hahahahaaaaaaaa funny !

I shave my head smooth like both on and off the trail.
    THE Mairnttt...Boys of Dryland '03 (an unplanned Billville suburb)
    http://www.AT2003.com
    [email protected]
    http://www.myspace.com/hudson_hartson

Default Hair who needs it.

I have been shaving my head for about 3 to 4 years now. I kept it short in the Army. I do miss having hair down to center of my back, but I just don't do the No hair in the front long in the back crap!

I have about 15 inch long hair. I consider my head a farm, however, as I donate my hair to Locks of Love (www.locksoflove.org). They make wigs for kids with cancer out of my hair. I'm actually getting ready to get my hair cut again, and make the donation. Minimum length is 10 inches.

If you go to the site, be sure to look at the before/after pictures of both donors and acceptors. It's quite amazing how different the kids look with the new hair!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    I tried that bald stuff, but I really hate to shave all the time so it was annoying. With one or two days growth on my head I was the human velcro patch. The shirt would get hung up there trying to take it on and off, lint would collect and the people at work freaked out. I wish I could grow my hair long, but it just turns into a big fro and everyone calls me Mr Carter. I tried the scraggly beard for a few months and didn't much like it, other than not having to shave. Even went the way of the mullet for a couple of years. Now, it's short but not short enough that folks think I'm in the military. So it varies from Mr. Carter to somewhat short and beard to stubble, depending on my mood. Whereas all the guys in my family have the same haircut and style, year after year after year. I've always been too chicken to dye the hair though. Maybe someday...

PS You people are weird...
    You mean Mr kotter? As in Welcome back kotter?? LOL I had a freind years ago that had a BIG red fro!! You could see him coming a long way off in a fog!! He also had a pink VW Bug!! he even painted the tires pink! The 70s were weird!!
    "Theres is no real hope of traveling perfectly light in the mountains.It is good to try,as long as you realize that,like proving a unified field theory,mastering Kanji,or routinely brewing the perfect cup of coffee,the game can never be won." Smoke Blanchard

Wink Vote for Long

Just my opinion, ladies like long hair.

and kilts.

Even if they are with a clean cut military guy ( which is also sexy), they look at long hair. Something primal and natural about it I guess.
    Post a photo! No pony tails.

Comments ladies?
    For with God, nothing is impossible! Luke 1:37

HH, I've always wanted to do that, but recently I was talking to a guy who got a buzz. He said "man that would be wierd, then you'd walk in to college and be known as the freak..." that put me off. I can't cope with anything from about 3inches longer. an inch is good. Currently growing hair for prom. I like the shaggy look, or else something that's "wierd".

titanium_hiker

(I like beards, but for hair it needs to be controlled if long. (unless it's curly.) )

and I like kilts.

just call me TH
    woman with altitude

Talking hair length

my hair is already long enough to braid ---- but i hope it grows longer, and fast! long braids! beautiful LONG braids!!!! long silver streaked, looooong braids! (do you sense the enthusiasm?)

Smile Just call me "Buzz"

Mines short, about a half an inch overall. I have really curly hair with natural finger-waves, but don't like to maintain it, so it's easier to just put the half-inch guard on the trimmer and lop it off.

Panama Red

i used to have long hair but it kept ripping out when i worked

Quote Originally Posted by UCONNMike
    only 7 short days ago i had a good head of hair on me, I'm talking gettin close to the shoulders, and i decided to shave it after a hike in very humid weather, i couldnt take it...for summer i'm a sir yes sir kinda guy, come winter me barber misses the business
    haha, this is a great thread, i laughed reading the posts again. but i am changing my opinion, i have been growing my hair since thanksgiving, and i am not cutting it til i finish my hike whihc will be sometime near the end of september, i never grew it that long and i figure its the last time i really can go for it, plus i cant grow a beard, so i need somekind of grizzy adams look
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

"Showme" on the trail ffstenger's Avatar
    Images

Default just a little off the top

My hair seems to always be wet with sweat so I keep it short. My ugly face,
    however is covered with the beard !!
    A journy of "2174" miles begins with a single step...

Journal Entries
    Images

Default hair style

i'm still planning on visiting the barber shop & getting the $5 dollar buzz!

i wear my hair (or whats left of it) short anyway (about 1"-2")...so, its NOT gonna be much of a change for me hittin' the trail...

section-hikin (w/ "the Model T crew Apr 28-May 5 Hot Springs,NC to Erwin,TN
    May 6 & 7 Carvers Gap to Erwin, TN
    May 8-21 Damascus to Pearisburg,VA
    see ya'll UP the trail!

"Jaybird"

GA-ME...
    "on-the-20-year-plan"

www.trailjournals.com/Jaybird2013

One is 2 inches long the other 3 are about 2.5 inches. Being bald makes answering this question easy

Images

...been five years since I retired from the Navy... my wife tried getting me to grow it longer and go to her "style shop"... back to what I was used to for 24 years... especially during the summer while hiking... have you heard the term "Med Head"??!!

...the $15 per haircut I save.... I invest in gear and books...
    Last edited by VAMTNHIKER; 02-10-2005 at 21:24.
    VAMTNHIKER
    (Previously known as ScouterSteve)
    Thru-hiker Dreamer
    Near-term Section Hiker

GA-VA 2005, VA-CT 2007, CT-ME ??
    Images

Default Do it myself

I've been cutting my own hair with scissors for maybe 8-9 years. It takes a while to get used to, but it's quick and cheap. I keep it all in the 3-4 inch range, and do a trim every week or so to make sure I maintain that Outside/ Backpacker/ GQ hiker look.
    -Mark

i've always been a long-haired hiker. shoulder-length and beyond.

/\

Images

Thumbs up Buzz

The day before my first section hike 12 years ago, I lost a bet to my buddy. After sporting a bad mullet-like cone for far too long, I was forced to shave my head bald. Being an idiot, I did'nt think to bring a hat with me on the hike. My head turned as red as a pig roasting on a pit. I gave up on the futile attempt to grow hippie hair after that trip, and opted for the old buzz cut, but from now on, I always take a hat with me when I travel the trail.

this year i've achieved another goal in my life. My dreads finally reaches my butt! (one of them anyway) the rest are close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++