WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Deuter Customer Service

Kudos to Deuter customer service for quickly sending me two "free" replacement items on a pack that was no longer under warranty.
    Thank you Deuter.

Bumping this: I just requested and will be receiving a buckle for a pack that I have had for a few years and use as a loaner. No questions asked. Great service.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Studlintsean View Post
    Bumping this: I just requested and will be receiving a buckle for a pack that I have had for a few years and use as a loaner. No questions asked. Great service.
    I have a Deuter. Good to know. Thank you for the report.

Alright I gotta give another shout out the Deuter for their unbelievable customer service. In short, my little brother is currently Thru Hiking and had the teeth of the zipper at the bottom of the pack rip in half (rendering the closure useless). This is on a ACT 65+10 and the pack is accessible from the bottom or the top. For the time being he used a knife to punch holes in the pack (around the half circle where it opens in the bottom) and used a boot shoelace to close the bottom of the pack. He does not have a cell phone but was in town this weekend but unfortunately we were unable to run to REI to see if they could help. I told him I would email Deuter to see if they could help or if they recommended we go to REI and also told him I could take him to REI to get it replaced in June when he comes home for our Mom's wedding. Below is the email conversation with the Deuter Representative. In my opinion this is TOP NOTCH customer service that should be recognized. I will continue to support Deuter in the future.

FROM SEAN FRIDAY NIGHT
    Hi Lisa,

I'm not sure you remember me but you and I exchanged emails a while back and you kindly sent me some replacement buckles for my pack.

I just picked up my little brother whom is hiking the Appalachian Trail (currently 950 miles in) and when we got home he showed me that his zipper on the bottom compartment of his Deuter 65+10 ripped. I attached some photos but the actual zipper ripped in half and he now has holes in the pack with a boot lace to tie the compartment up.

He doesn't have a phone so I told him I would send an email for him. Is this something he should speak with REI about or is this something Deuter would cover directly under your warranty?

Please let me know and thank you in advance.

FROM DEUTER TODAY:
    Hello Sean,

Thank you for contacting Deuter!
    Please send your pack to Deuter for warranty evaluation for repair or replacement. Please note if your pack is covered under warranty and is not repairable a replacement pack will be sent.
    Please make sure your pack is clean and free of any personal items. Deuter can’t guarantee the return of personal items if shipped with pack.

Please also include a shipping address with your pack or email me back with the address.

We’ve issued a Return Authorization (RA) number to identify your claim, which you can see in the below shipping address. Please keep this number for your records.
    Ship to:
    Deuter USA
    Attn: RA XXXXXXX
    1200 South Fordham St.
    Suite C
    Longmont, CO 80503

We recommend writing your RA number on the outside of the box and using a shipping service that offers tracking. Without tracking information, we cannot guarantee receipt of your product.
    Thank you

FROM SEAN TODAY:
    Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the response. My brother is unfortunately attempting a Thru Hike of the Appalachian Trail and does not have another pack to use if he sends this one back via mail. He will be back in town (I dropped him back off to hike on Sunday- he was only here for a quick break) June 6th for our mothers wedding and we will see what REI can do. Hopefully he can get it swapped out under their return policy and they can then work with Deuter directly.

Otherwise he may just tough it out and reasses the situation when he is off the trail for good.

Thanks again.

FROM DEUTER TODAY:
    Hello Sean,

If you know the next location that your brother will be at, I can ship him a replacement pack with a return label in the box for the return of his pack.

FROM SEAN TODAY:
    Lisa,

Thank you very much for your offer. He does not have a phone so it is tough for me to pin point his exact location. I know with 100% certainty he will be home for our mothers wedding June 6, 2015. If sending a pack here is an option, please let me know and I will send you my address. I will then send you a message June 6, 2015 when the old pack has been dropped off at the post office (we can do it that morning before the wedding if the new pack has already arrived).

Please let me know and thanks again for your assistance.

FROM DEUTER TODAY:
    Hello Sean,

I can certainly send the replacement pack to you with a return label in the box for the return of your brothers pack when he arrives home on June 6th. Please send me the address and I will send out the replacement pack. Please, if you could be so kind as to ship his pack with the return label when he arrives home, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

That's pretty awesome man, I think I will go take a look at their packs, I am in need of a new one.

I love my Deuter pack. It's a little heavier than I'd like, but it fits like a dream and I have never had any pain, pinches or rubs from it, even fully loaded with winter gear. Hardly know I have it on.

Images

My Son's 5 year old Deuter needed a replacement buckle, two emails later they sent me not only one new one, but that and a couple of extra in case he needs one on his trip to Philmont this summer. No charge, and I even tried to pay, they wouldn't let me.

They may not be the lightest packs, but their customer service is class A-1.

I'm starting to wonder if lightness matters if you can't feel the weight?

I can vouch for the comfort of the Deuter packs. I used one for a few years and then switched to a ULA Circuit purely for a weight/ comfort reason (lighter and rides just as comfortable with the weight I have in it). I continued to use the Deuter for winter and then as a loaner until I offloaded it to a boy scout for Philmont this summer. There customer service is unbelievable and they offer top quality packs at a good price. No wonder they are very successful.

My family has used Deuter packs for several years. Someone once told me they are the "Cadillac of Packs" - a bit heavier, something that takes more gas to operate, but a comfortable ride in the end.

I really way it sits on my back - breaths better than a lot of packs.

Quote Originally Posted by illabelle View Post
    I have a Deuter. Good to know. Thank you for the report.
    I have two. Both have been great! good to hear.

Journal Entries

I recently bought an Osprey Kestrel 48 in an attempt to reduce weight and volume, especially on shorter trips. I'll keep my Deuter for longer trips though, or in winter when I need more clothing, because it's comfy, durable, and holds all my stuff.

++ New Posts ++