WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Possible Southbound within a month

Hello all, I am a previous thru-hiker from back in 2000. I am now looking to section hike From Maine to Mass. leaving in about a month. I reside in the Milford, PA area, about fifteen miles from the rt 206 NJ road crossing on the trail in culvers lake. I frequent the trail and have been readying myself (I'm in decent shape). With equipment ready I would like to start with someone, even if we branch off after a week, or not. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm a professional person, spiritual, easy going, and ending a personal journey with a journey of nature immersion on the AT; so to speak. Hope there are other wandering souls out there too. ~Symba (aka: Ryan).

Images

I can adjust my itinerary and go NOBO from the conn/mass line to Maine also; but rather southbound it in a month. I'm anxious, awaiting a final milestone to end my college education, finally, and this is my personal celebration. For anyone interested, my concentration was in human services and counseling; dissertation had to do with positive change from backpacking the AT (nature immersion on a grand scale).
    Last edited by Symba; 07-29-2013 at 22:10. Reason: rewording it some what for clarity

Images

gonna be heading up on the 8/26 to do the 100 mile wilderness, and I have not set my my direction in (n/S) in concrete yet. I've been in contact with Phil Pepin about a shuttle to get me started on my hike he's been real helpful with stuff. I was thinking about day hiking katahdin leaving my car at abol pines camp ground shuttling back to munson then heading north to finish my hike, for some reason I always seem to gravitate towards a northerly hike. I don't plan any big miles on this trip I want to take my time because I've never hiked the 100 mile. like I said though nothing is locked in stone. pm me if any of this sounds doable to you.

Images

I made a new found friend on here. He's from Connecticut. We may be driving up to Main about that time, around the 25t. If so, maybe we can hook up with you and get a ride to abol pines. Will keep informed. Many thanks Cricket71. I'm coming from PA and maybe renting a car or ride to Conn.
    I am well again, I came to life in the cool winds and crystal waters of the mountains...

~ John Muir ~

Images

Oh, I tend to shelter hop. In Maine miles will be low for me/us probably no more than a dozen a day.
    I am well again, I came to life in the cool winds and crystal waters of the mountains...

~ John Muir ~

Quote Originally Posted by Symba View Post
    I can adjust my itinerary and go NOBO from the conn/mass line to Maine also; but rather southbound it in a month. I'm anxious, awaiting a final milestone to end my college education, finally, and this is my personal celebration. For anyone interested, my concentration was in human services and counseling; dissertation had to do with positive change from backpacking the AT (nature immersion on a grand scale).
    Hey Symba- (aka: Ryan) I find this very interesting. Congrats on finishing up ur college education. What a way to celebrate.. Happy Trails!! Congrats on ur 2000 thru hike 2!!

Images

Thank you.

~ John Muir ~

++ New Posts ++