WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by cphobes View Post
    Last month I bought two of Tinny's (minibulldesign.com) swayer adapters that he makes from the Sawyer to the platty bag. Hiking partner used it a few weeks ago and said it worked perfectly, as designed/described with his platty bags. I have not used it but the threads appear to screw tight with everything I've tried so far. I will be using that setup at the end of the month and will test prior to going. Dirty water side will be my Coleman's 3L canteen with wide mouth to narrow adapter, clean water side will be Tinny's adapter and platty bags.

Tinny has a video as well on his youtube channel explaining the adapters use etc.

Tinny's adapter link: https://www.minibulldesign.com/Produ...08&idcategory=
    Jetflow adapter link: http://jetflow.com/product-detail/?pid=247

Cool idea. I met a fellow on the trail last weekend with something similar and he was using the platy bags.

Images

I'm finding that plastic soda/water bottles are not all threaded the same - for example, a one liter Aquafina bottle did not work with the Sawyer. What other 1 liter soda / water bottles DO work, so I don't have to go buy a bunch of other drinks looking for a suitable bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha_Ace View Post
    I'm finding that plastic soda/water bottles are not all threaded the same - for example, a one liter Aquafina bottle did not work with the Sawyer. What other 1 liter soda / water bottles DO work, so I don't have to go buy a bunch of other drinks looking for a suitable bottle?
    My own personal experience (mostly haphazardly) with bottle tops is water bottle lids rarely fit on soda bottle and vice versa. But within a soda size the bottle tops are completely interchangeable, from brand to brand. So I think they might have some industry standard.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++