WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Sec Recommendation Mass to the Presidentials?

Section hiker needs 100 mile recommendation in August from Massachusetts to the Presidentials, which I've already done? You folks have always been great on suggestions.
    Rob
    The Professor, on the road again.

recommendation for 100 mile section hike. My suggestion is start at Dartmouth College (you can easily get to even via public transportation) and end at AMC Pinkham Notch Camp, Rt 16 in New Hampshire. This actually about 122 miles. This route would incorporate almost all of the White Mountains, missing out on the Carter Range. From AMC Pinkham Notch you can get a Concord Trailways bus to Boston and Logan Airport (leaves once a day in early morning). I'd allow 1-2 weeks for this section.

Don't bother with Massachusetts.. nothing special on that section.

DavidNH

Or do the Vermont section of the AT, which is about 100 miles and a little easier then NH (and you don't have to deal with the AMC huts)
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    Or do the Vermont section of the AT, which is about 100 miles and a little easier then NH (and you don't have to deal with the AMC huts)
    And ends at Dartmouth. A little over 150 miles from North Adams, MA though.
    If you start in MA and end at Maine Junction/US-4/Inn at Long Trail outside Rutland it's ~100 miles.

I am planning to do the entire VT section in mid-late July, if you are interested in partnering let me know. I live in RI so planned on hiking it NOBO and being picked up in ME.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SwissGuy View Post
    I am planning to do the entire VT section in mid-late July, if you are interested in partnering let me know. I live in RI so planned on hiking it NOBO and being picked up in ME.
    Just to be clear, SwissGuy, Hanover, New Hampshire is on the north end of the Vermont A.T. Maine's across N.H. from VT.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Just to be clear, SwissGuy, Hanover, New Hampshire is on the north end of the Vermont A.T. Maine's across N.H. from VT.
    Man, I just had a brain fart, excuse my idiocy, one too many hits to the skull I think.

I of course mean MA border to NH border.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by SwissGuy View Post
    Man, I just had a brain fart, excuse my idiocy, one too many hits to the skull I think.

I of course mean MA border to NH border.
    Not to worry, SG, I had a couple concussions as a kid, no kidding, and show the effects pretty well hourly. :/
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Not to worry, SG, I had a couple concussions as a kid, no kidding, and show the effects pretty well hourly. :/
    Yea I got IED'd at 19, my fiancee jokes that I don't know how bad my memory is because I forget when I forget. Lol

++ New Posts ++