WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I've been around sick hikers in Shenandoah this season. Best best is to try and keep up your immune system. I take a boatload of herbal meds,vitamins. etc which helps me. You do the best you can.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    No, no. You will NOT have an issue on the trail like I did in Mar/Apr.

IMO you will be fine v
    Can I hold you to that CM? If you're wrong, then the ice cream at Pine Grove Furnace is on you.....likely to be all over you in fact!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

Quote Originally Posted by MDSection12 View Post
    I'm glad that they said something as well. I don't think anyone ever said that it should be kept quiet. I disagreed with some of the language originally used, as did some others, but not the 'heart' of the message.

My point in posting here wasn't to rehash an old dispute, and I hope we can avoid that, but I felt it was unfair to imply that because the rumors turned out to be true they were justified... Notice the language used here, most likely coming directly from medical professionals; 'viral outbreak...' Not 'SEVERE norovirus outbreak.' Kudos to you, or whoever it was, for guessing norovirus, but at the time it was posted it was not a confirmed fact.

You may say there's no harm in spreading the information, right or wrong, but I think accuracy matters. Given your logic we should just tell everyone that there is always a SEVERE norovirus outbreak on the AT, since that would make them more cautious with sanitation... Right? Maybe we should tell them that there are always murderers on the trail too? They'd certainly be more vigilant. No harm done, right?
    Are you stupid or just plain stupid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++