WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for Long-term Parking in Waynesboro, VA area

I am planning to start a section hike of indefinite length (NOBO) from Waynesboro, VA and I am looking for a place to park my car on-the-cheap for 3-4 months. I will be arriving in the area on May 25th/26th 2013. If anyone knows of somewhere near the trail, and who I might contact to get permission, please let me know. Thanks.

Let me talk to somebody today or tomorrow; I have an idea.

Suggest you call the Waynesboro Office of Tourism-540-942-6512. Last summer I asked this same question, and was told leaving your car at the local police station (with coordination) was the best solution.

There's very little parking available at the police station. People have parked their cars at the library or on the street behind the Y before, but Waynesboro to Katahdin is a longish walk... I'm trying to find you a less conspicuous spot.

vitamaltz, a less conspicuous spot would definitely be appreciated. I haven't had time to call the tourism office, but I hope to find time tomorrow. I may be arrive on Monday depending on how quickly I can take care of some errands.

++ New Posts ++