WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Ha Ha!! That's a funny word picture you just painted WM. I like the one where you are crawling in your tent backwards... LOL!! The skeeters in FL sound just like the clouds of those blood suckers we used to fight off in N.H.
    Yeah, but in South FL you do not get the cold weather to kill them off, so you have to put with it a lot more of the year.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgiewave View Post
    Thanks a lot for the answers. A normal plastic bottle with a wide opening is the best plan.

Another good reason to use a bladder rather then a bottle, for drinking water............

i apologise for the thread drift....

Nobody carries a "pee bottle".

Those are mastabatory aids.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by yaduck9 View Post
    Another good reason to use a bladder rather then a bottle, for drinking water............

i apologise for the thread drift....
    try peeing into a bottle in an enclosed space, and youll probably conclude stepping outside your tent is a heck of a out easier.
    what kind of bottle do you contemplate using for crapping in your tent?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    try peeing into a bottle in an enclosed space, and youll probably conclude stepping outside your tent is a heck of a out easier.
    what kind of bottle do you contemplate using for crapping in your tent?
    yes, i have, no, i disagree, and no, that thought never crossed my mind ( thankfully )

Images

yes, i have, no, i disagree, and no, that thought never crossed my mind ( thankfully )
    do you use the kneeling method or sidesaddle?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    do you use the kneeling method or sidesaddle?
    your a funny guy

your a funny guy
    He is that yaduck & I'm callin TMI!! Good call!

Images

your a funny guy
    whatever works for you, im good with.
    personally i didnt find it to be a big deal, even when it was cold and rainy.
    either way, id rather pee in a bottle or outside my tent. definitely beats peeing at home.
    its all good.

your a funny guy
    I think he was serious... In a tight space, like a tent, those are your options.

Good advice, sounds good to me and I will make use of it. A friend and I are planning a 2014 thru-hike and I will turn 71 on the AT. Thanks. Andy

Use a floorless tent and just let it rip.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Use a floorless tent and just let it rip.
    Back in the day, a lot of tent floors came with a drawcord opening or semicircular zip in the floor so that you could either set up a stove off the tent floor (many manufacturers used the term 'cookhole' - but doing so risks asphyxiation and bear visits) or else dig a cathole (and some manufacturers used another term, 'relief hole'). So the idea of a cathole (or more likely a snow hole) under the tent is not a new one. "Just let it rip" - I don't want to be putting the tent back in my pack after the outside of the tent floor is all wet with pee, thank you very much.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Back in the day, a lot of tent floors came with a drawcord opening or semicircular zip in the floor so that you could either set up a stove off the tent floor (many manufacturers used the term 'cookhole' - but doing so risks asphyxiation and bear visits) or else dig a cathole (and some manufacturers used another term, 'relief hole'). So the idea of a cathole (or more likely a snow hole) under the tent is not a new one. "Just let it rip" - I don't want to be putting the tent back in my pack after the outside of the tent floor is all wet with pee, thank you very much.
    I still have my Slumberjack dome tent with the famed half moon relief zipper....but it never felt right to pee under my tent...so I just peed out the door.

Journal Entries

Default To Pee or not to Pee

Sounds like some of you guys could learn a thing or two from the ladies. I will gift a copy of my upcoming book to the gentleman who started this thread.
    While sailing on Outward Bound in Maine six years ago, I had to learn how to pee off the bow in 15-knot winds. Of course, being a woman, this meant hanging my naked butt within a swordfish's reach of the spray.
    In my upcoming book, WANDER WOMEN: What Ten Thru-Hikers Taught One Angel about Pleasure, Pain, and Pink-Blazing, the ladies I followed discuss the triumph of peeing with a full pack on - without sprinkling their precious undergarment.
    Sneak preview of the book at Trail Days this year, along with a handful of Wander Women. Hope to see some of you guys there! Meanwhile, follow my blog for more about these amazing females, all members of the class of 2012!
    www.megwilsonauthor.com/blog I will have postcards available to self-address so I can let you know when the book is published.
    Last edited by Meg Wilson Author; 05-03-2013 at 07:26. Reason: typo

Images

Just wear some huggies pull-ups to bed. your a big boy now.

This is to help our esteemed Mr. HB.... Set the bottle on the other side of the tent and aim at it, why not make it fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg Wilson Author View Post
    Sounds like some of you guys could learn a thing or two from the ladies. I will gift a copy of my upcoming book to the gentleman who started this thread.
    While sailing on Outward Bound in Maine six years ago, I had to learn how to pee off the bow in 15-knot winds. Of course, being a woman, this meant hanging my naked butt within a swordfish's reach of the spray.
    In my upcoming book, WANDER WOMEN: What Ten Thru-Hikers Taught One Angel about Pleasure, Pain, and Pink-Blazing, the ladies I followed discuss the triumph of peeing with a full pack on - without sprinkling their precious undergarment.
    Sneak preview of the book at Trail Days this year, along with a handful of Wander Women. Hope to see some of you guys there! Meanwhile, follow my blog for more about these amazing females, all members of the class of 2012!
    www.megwilsonauthor.com/blog I will have postcards available to self-address so I can let you know when the book is published.
    cool_2.gif I'm sure I've been doin it wrong for fifty years. Congrats on the new book, sounds.....interesting.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    You folks must have small...bladders.

I don't trust anything smaller than a wide mouth quart Nalgene.

not small bladders, just large prostates.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++