WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Malto View Post
    Hey nothing wrong with that look, that my normal hairdo. Here's a picture after my thru with it half shaved off. Scary!
    Attachment 20908
    OK... that's funny lookin!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    All I said was this years food marketing catch word was "Protein". Not a personal attack or trying to bully you into eating something unhealthy. I like cereal too.
    Sorry Rasty, my apologies. I think that must have been my evil twin who posted that. I'll have a talk with him to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    Yay!!! WOO-HOO!! You better have a cup of coffee with me in Daleville, "good buddy".
    Thanks HM. That would just about be the high light of my trip. Consider it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    All I said was this years food marketing catch word was "Protein". Not a personal attack or trying to bully you into eating something unhealthy. I like cereal too.
    Yup. And next years just might be "wheat free".

Images

[QUOTE=Malto;1453820]Hey nothing wrong with that look, that my normal hairdo. Here's a picture after my thru with it half shaved off. Scary!
    Attachment 20908

YIKES! Makes it hard to look into those eyes. You definitely won the contest.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post

I swear you look like one of those shell shocked goofy newly enlisted Marines who just had their locks snipped. I meant that in a nice way!
    Thanks Dogwood. You're more right than you realize. Parris Island, January, '65. Wish I had that picture to show you for comparison. Looks about the same without the smile or fat cheeks. Both pretty spooky though.

Quote Originally Posted by goedde2 View Post
    Thanks HM. That would just about be the high light of my trip. Consider it done.
    Yay!! I'll PM you my contact info... can't wait to meet up with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by goedde2 View Post
    Sorry, thought I had. Didn't mean to come off as harsh, or intimidating, just trying to make a point. By the way, my name is not Francis. It's John, just like the toilet. I get crap from everyone. If you think you've had a rough time of it, try going through life being named after a toilet.

Happy Hiking. Hope to see you out there in a few weeks.
    "Lighten up, Francis" is a quote from Stripes. It's a joke.......

Images

Anyone remember these? They were actually pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZ8H...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Lyle; 04-22-2013 at 14:34.

For a nutritious something different trail or at home snack try Dried Nori Sheets(Seaweed Snacks) made by Eden, Emerald Cove, Annie Chun, or even Kirkland(sold at Costco).

http://www.anniechun.com/our-food/seaweed

http://www.melaniecooks.com/kirkland...om-costco/5223

Might try hummus(buy the dried from bulk bins(CHEAPER!), reconstitute with H2O, add abit of EVOO(packets are sold or you can carry some in a screw cap plastic 2 oz container or squeeze tube) and, maybe, some pine nuts to increase cals/oz ratio, could also add a few bits of sundried tomato pieces, YUM YUM) and Kashi Fire Roasted Vegetable Crackers or some other type of crackers. Any extra hummus I have while on trail gets added to mashed potatoes, rice, or chili to thicken those dishes up. Garbanzo Beans, what Hummus is made from, contains 18 Essential Amino Acids making it certainly possible to be a part of daily protein needs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++