WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Is there a "with children" area?

I've been browsing around and found several places here that discuss backpacking with dogs, one subforum specifically for womens' issues, but I can't seem to find a subforum dealing with backpacking with children. Just checking before I post in the general area!

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

No there is no forum for that but there are several of us that do hike with children (mine have now completed almost half the trail). Feel free to post in the general forum and those of us who can will provide as much help as we're able. And...

Welcome to Whiteblaze!
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Section Hiker

Planning to hike with my kiddo this year, too, and a forum would be nice. Otherwise just post in the general topic I guess.

"Your comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.
    "

Thanks! I'll do that, then.

Heading out to do small portion of the AT as part of our loop with the kids (10 and 11) next week through GSMNP. Can't wait!!! Getting a little nervous with the weather, but should still be a good time.

Oh man, I remember the days way back, when I hiked with a backpack on my back and a baby in a carrier on my front and packing used disposable diapers out of the back country...
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

++ New Posts ++