WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Exclamation Resupply Data by Baltimore Jack

Working on resupply plans & notice that Baltimore Jack has not updated his data since 2007.

Is he (Are you) going to update any time soon?

Does anyone have more recent resupply data or know where it can be accessed?

Thanks, Coosa
    My blog, dedicated to my Dad: Chasing the Trail
    Proverbs 4:26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
    Hike Your Own Hike

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

I've always thought that info would make a good wiki.

Since you asked: As I've acknowledged many times, the article needs to be updated and improved. There are places listed in it that have long since closed; there are many new places that have opened and flourished since it was first written. I hope to be hiking a great deal this year between May and October and in the process, I hope to traverse sections of the Trail that I haven't seen for awhile; I hope to personally visit a lot of new places that I've never seen. This info will be incorporated into an update of the Re-Supply article that will hopefully appear later this year. Til, then, as always, I welcome comments, additions, suggestions, criticisms. I'm glad that folks still find some use in this piece, especially where it tells the "average" hiker how long it'll take to cover a particular section of the Trail, but I'm also aware that it badly needs revision and improvement, and I look forward (with help) to doing just that.

Thank you Jack. Have a great Hike ... maybe we'll see you on the Trail [going NoBo from Gathland St Pk, MD to Katahdin starting the first weekend in May].

Coosa
    My blog, dedicated to my Dad: Chasing the Trail
    Proverbs 4:26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
    Hike Your Own Hike

I knew JT would soon chime in. He has a system at home where every time his real or trail name is mentioned on WB a bell rings in his kitchen and an app on his Ipod sets off a vibrate signal!

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    I knew JT would soon chime in. He has a system at home where every time his real or trail name is mentioned on WB a bell rings in his kitchen and an app on his Ipod sets off a vibrate signal!
    Home, Kitchen and Ipod. Hahahaha

Actually, Dogwood, you are mistaken. In most cases when my name comes up here, I don't chime in on the comments at all. Instead, I've found it much more useful to ignore them. Also, at the moment, I possess neither Ipod nor kitchen, and this suits me just fine.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Since you asked: As I've acknowledged many times, the article needs to be updated and improved. There are places listed in it that have long since closed; there are many new places that have opened and flourished since it was first written. I hope to be hiking a great deal this year between May and October and in the process, I hope to traverse sections of the Trail that I haven't seen for awhile; I hope to personally visit a lot of new places that I've never seen. This info will be incorporated into an update of the Re-Supply article that will hopefully appear later this year. Til, then, as always, I welcome comments, additions, suggestions, criticisms. I'm glad that folks still find some use in this piece, especially where it tells the "average" hiker how long it'll take to cover a particular section of the Trail, but I'm also aware that it badly needs revision and improvement, and I look forward (with help) to doing just that.
    Jack,
    Thank you for your dedication to the AT and your willingness to update the re-supply article. I have read this article a couple of times as I prepare for my future thru hike and found it to be very helpful. Your update will be greatly appreciated by myself and many others as we make our plans. Thanks again!

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Jack, I downloaded your article on to my phone and referred to it on many occasions during my '11 thru.
    I bet you could find volunteers to help fill in the sections that you don't get to. Let me know if I can help.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    Hey big guy! Thanks for your help last spring with a pack shake down. It made my hiking much better. Learned a lot from your hiking info in 15 minutes. Hope to see you on the trail this year, I will be south headed north in April. Hike On!!!

Miller

++ New Posts ++