Hello, My name is Meredith. I am a 17 year old high school senior who is taking a gap year next year to better understand myself and the world we live in. I was going to thru hike the AT starting in March of 2014. However, I don't think I will have enough time to finish before I have to go to University.

So, I'm going to hike the Northern-most section starting in August 2013 and am looking for a partner! (I will do the rest NoBo starting March of 2014) I'm starting at Katahdin and am trying to make it to NYC (so we can take the train home). Perhaps a NoBo could pull a yo-yo? Even if you only want to join me for a portion, please contact me.

My experience is a section hike for 2 weeks this summer with a thru hiker. Other than that, I know I am comfortable outdoors and am looking for a mental and physical challenge. I am fit, young, and lively! I live in Chicago and am planning to attend University of Colorado for Environmental Studies.

If you'd like to get to know what I think of hiking in pairs, read my guest entry on Hashbrown's blog:
http://appalachiantrailgirl.com/2013/02/23/guest-contributor-hiking-with-other-women/