WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Egads man

Default Egads man

Why is white blaze such a pain to post a responce,Hammock forums is not like this,but here if you stop to think for a minute ,you have a site that is no longer there.I have tried 7 times this morning to post someting ,only to see that my post only made it 3 words before going awol. Is it someting im doing ? Why cant this site work the same as h f?

Sounds like you have a hinky connection. I never have the issues you describe.

Journal Entries
    Images

no problem here - shut your computer off and restart...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear View Post
    Why is white blaze such a pain to post a responce,Hammock forums is not like this,but here if you stop to think for a minute ,you have a site that is no longer there.I have tried 7 times this morning to post someting ,only to see that my post only made it 3 words before going awol. Is it someting im doing ? Why cant this site work the same as h f?
    I've never had this problem. Maddog
    "You do more hiking with your head than your feet!" Emma "Grandma" Gatewood...HYOY!!!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/?

Only problem I have it hitting post quick reply to quick. i have to make sure it is auto-saved first or it locks up then. Then it says whiteblaze is not responding, window is checking for a solution. This is after it give me the option to recover webpage or cancel.
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear View Post
    I am not sure exactly what your problem is. Are you saying you had a long post and when you clicked on POST QUICK REPLY that only three words were saved? There should be no different between us and HF other than we are running a more up to date software then HF is running. It should run smoother once you know your way around.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

I had a feeling it was me,late bloomer to this computer stuff. Thanks for the input.

If you have a Lo-o-o-o-ng post, type it up on Notepad and cut and paste it over to the WB window. Sometmes the connection times out if you take too long to enter the post.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    If you have a Lo-o-o-o-ng post, type it up on Notepad and cut and paste it over to the WB window. Sometmes the connection times out if you take too long to enter the post.

That's the ticket right there.

Garlic
    Images

Try a different browser, maybe. Google Chrome works well for me.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

Journal Entries
    Images

The web site had a timeout period so that if you did not show any activity on the site in 20 minutes it would log you off. I have just doubled that so that it is now 40 minutes. That should give everyone ample enough time to reply to a post. If anyone things they need more then 40 minutes to reply to a post let me know.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    The web site had a timeout period so that if you did not show any activity on the site in 20 minutes it would log you off. I have just doubled that so that it is now 40 minutes. That should give everyone ample enough time to reply to a post. If anyone things they need more then 40 minutes to reply to a post let me know.
    Wow. Thanks! I've done the notepad thing once or twice, especially after realizing I've already typed it in the browser but have probably exceeded the timeout. 40 Minutes should be plenty. Now if I can just lengthen my posts a bit more.

Ahem

It was the best of times; it was the worst of times. When considering pack selection one must.... :P
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

++ New Posts ++