WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Accessories?

Default Accessories?

Hi I am doing a half thru on the AT next summer from Springer to HF. I just got a Warbonnet BlackBird double 1.1 for cheap off of craigslist. I still need to get a tarp and was thinking about the WB MambaJamba but it is kinda of expensive. Are there any cheaper options out there that would work well with the BB? Also are tree straps necessary? and if so what kind should I get.

I have an old eno hammock that I use for school to relax but wanted a nicer hammock to take on my half thru.

Images

I like my Maccat Deluxe. Not sure if it's cheaper. Yes, you need tree straps. I use 1 inch seat belt webbing and a pair of tri-glides from Jacks R Better, but lots of people use tree straps with whoopie slings. You can get all your suspension needs here.
    Ken B
    'Big Cranky'
    Our Long Trail journal

dude,

Check out the hammockforums.net. They have a "for sale" section where you may be able to pick up a used tarp. Plus you will pick up a lot of tips that may benefit your setup.

HYOH

Arrowhead-equipment.com is a good place to get suspension and they have nice inexpensive tarps.

++ New Posts ++