WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    i had a young military doctor do that to me early in my military career. He got an attitude adjustment shortly afterwards.
    ............... :d

Quote Originally Posted by HeartFire View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-A...84831574872630
    Chris Hall, formerly of Leki is now on his own with US made bamboo trekking poles
    Thanks Judy.
    www.americantrekkingpoles.com
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

Images

You could grow your own bamboo. It grows very quickly. It's sold on Amazon and ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    You could grow your own bamboo. It grows very quickly. It's sold on Amazon and ebay.
    Fastest growing of all the grass species, maybe in the whole land.

and you could say, I grew this here hiking staff from a wee little shoot, I nurtured , and brought him/her in each night so all the bunnies wouldn't eat em....now he takes care of me..
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 02-19-2013 at 23:15.

We flew to Iceland to backpack with bamboo hiking sticks, but the sticks arrived late because they had been retained for special examination for drugs, etc in the hollow compartments. We had to hike without them, and of course there were no sticks available in Iceland's backcountry because there are no trees in the tundra. We passed some pathetic scrub brush that the Icelander's called "forest", but it was illegal to cut or use the wood.

So, just beware if you plan to check bamboo sticks on airplanes. You may never get to use them. We got them at the Fred Meyer garden shop BTW.

I'm sure Miss Janet posted a picture on face book of guy in Ewrin who was making them, you could check with her of FB ..
    "Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, smoldering and totally worn out, shouting...Holy S*#t...what a ride"

Bamboo is the best. I added some nylon whipping for a hand grip. A large crutch tip on top to support my Pentax 6x7. A piece of oak dowel on the business end to stop fraying. Found mine inside a rolled carpet returned from a cleaners in the early '70s. Still have it.

Wayne

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Bamboo is the best. I added some nylon whipping for a hand grip. A large crutch tip on top to support my Pentax 6x7. A piece of oak dowel on the business end to stop fraying. Found mine inside a rolled carpet returned from a cleaners in the early '70s. Still have it.

Wayne
    Sounds great. I would like to see some pics of that.
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++