WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

Don't buy sock liners..use synthetic dress socks, its cheaper and works the same

Ditched
    -Nalgene Bottle
    -Nalgene Bladder

Added
    -Smartwater Bottle (33oz)

Looking at
    -Replace Nalgene Bladder with Platypus. 2L or 1L? I don't necessarily trust this Sawyer bag, so it might be easier to just go with a 2L and ditch the Sawyer bag?

Ditched
    -Überpad
    -Fleece
    -Trowel

Added
    -REI Revelcloud Down Hoodie
    -NeoAir Xlite (Long)

Weight as of last night was 19.6lb. Need to add TP, few small first-aid kit items. Did a 8.5 mile shakedown hike over the weekend and it felt good with an additional 5lb of food in there. Only issue I had was the hip-belt cutting into my hips, but that's an adjustment issue.

Springer to James River Foot Bridge in long sections.

I'm hitting Springer March 24, maybe I'll see you out there. Might also get to Dahlonega trail days before I start.

On a test run a few weeks ago I used a 2L Platypus as the sqeeze bag for my Sawyer, worked great. Scared of the Sawyer bags based on other reviews. I also prefer a clear bag. Plan to carry a 1L and 0.5L bottle. I'm only sectioning to Hot Springs and majority advice is that water is abundant in the spring, so never need to carry more than 1.5L at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by msumax1985 View Post
    I'm hitting Springer March 24, maybe I'll see you out there. Might also get to Dahlonega trail days before I start.

On a test run a few weeks ago I used a 2L Platypus as the sqeeze bag for my Sawyer, worked great. Scared of the Sawyer bags based on other reviews. I also prefer a clear bag. Plan to carry a 1L and 0.5L bottle. I'm only sectioning to Hot Springs and majority advice is that water is abundant in the spring, so never need to carry more than 1.5L at a time.
    If you are at trail days, I'll be there as well. I went to College in Dahlonega, and the guy that organizes trail days is a friend of mine. Send me a PM and I'll get you my info if you want to link up for a beer.

Springer to James River Foot Bridge in long sections.

Not leaving Atl until 5pm, so not time to plan anything--wish I could. Might get to stop by the square area before heading out to the hostel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++