WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Post Pen & Paper Trail Journal: Transcriber Volunteers?

Hello all.

I'm taking with me some small pieces of paper and a pencil to keep my journal. I'm bouncing extras along the way (or snagging scraps from libraries), but am looking for someone to help update my online trail journal at, you guessed it, trailjournals.com/half-life (shameless plug!).

Sadly, no members of my small family are up for the task. My only other option at this point is my friend in the UK, which introduces a whole set of logistical issues (postage, timing, delivery reliability). For that reason, I'm looking to keep things a little more "local."

So my question is this: are there any volunteer transcribers out there? For those of you that sent your journal to someone (not family or close friend), how did you recruit that individual? I think it would be really neat to have a transcriber near the trail, too, to eventually meet up and share some stories, etc. I searched WB but only came up with prior year volunteers, nothing current.

Anyway, advice and/or volunteers welcome!

I could help you out as long as you don't write epistles Hey- I don't live far from the trail! Oh boy.. I love hearing trail stories 2.

Feel free to contact me on here. Good luck with your hike! I think the class of 2013 is going to be one of the best ever!!

Images

I think that's a really smart way to go. If someone closer can't help, I'll help.

One thing I discovered within a year or 2 after posting at trailjournals.com was the presence of trail journal junkies out there. At Trail Days in Damascus, a guy approached me and said "Hi Cookerhiker." Hmmm - "how did you know my name?" "I've been reading your journal on trailjournals.com." And I don't think he was a hiker.

So I suggest going to trailjournals.com and posting your request on their Trail Forums - you might get a bite. Good luck!

Images

I'm willing! Just shoot me a PM and let me know specifics.
    If a tree falls in the woods, be there to hear it.

Thanks everyone. I'll get back to you all via PM.

Contact me too...I have a lot of free time. I will also correct spelling errs...ereoirs...arirors... errors!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

++ New Posts ++