WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Henry Coe overnight, early April

I'm visiting the Bay Area and plan on doing a 2 night trip around Henry Coe State Park some time between April 3 (Wednesday) and April 5 (Friday). I've never hiked in Coe or in California. I will be alone, therefore, I wanted to throw it out there for anyone who might be living in the area and interested. I'm a male, thirty, and work as a social studies/special ed teacher in Central New York, near Ithaca. I haven't done a ton of backpacking (not enough time; although I have done a number of overnights on the Finger Lakes Trail), but have all of the necessary gear and would love the chance to learn from more experienced hikers.

I have maps of Coe and some ideas of where I want to go. Any input would be welcome regardless!

Have to admit, also, that my desire to find others to hike with has a bit to do with my realization that this is mountain lion territory. I know well that there has never been an incident in Henry Coe, partly because the lion pop isn't under stress, but still would welcome the comfort of numbers.
    Thanks
    Last edited by limehollow; 02-13-2013 at 19:34.

Images

I do most of my hiking on the East Coast but have spent a week at Henry Coe and found it to be one of the nicest places in California.

Cougars: Stand tall and don't run. (I never saw one nor any sign of one)

Raccoons: Protect your food at all times.

++ New Posts ++