WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What are some of your favorite avatars?

I like.....

Feral Bills
    Bird Brains
    WOO's
    Mine
    and yours...what do you like? Oh and why? (as an option)
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 02-08-2013 at 13:55.

I do like WOOs parade of owls, and the couple of Svea stoves always warm my heart. I might have to browse for more.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    I do like WOOs parade of owls, and the couple of Svea stoves always warm my heart. I might have to browse for more.
    Me too, those , yours were just off the top of my head....lots off good one here and there. But yours always slays me!

What about your own, Feral Bill? I like that one, what's the story behind it?

I like ur's Rocketsocks... I told you that before. I always love WOO's (his changes all the time) Feral Bill's makes me laugh out loud. I like Train Wreck's- I like Coffee Rule's-Gray Blazer's, all for the same reason... it's very fitting. There's so many more but I got things to do..I'll be back. I like mine but I wish it would RUN & play the Bionic Woman theme song.(Good one, Turtle ) :P

Lone Wolf

Spokes. All of them.

Lost Acoustic Blues
    (clickable)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    My favorite too.
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    I like.....

Feral Bills
    Bird Brains
    WOO's
    Mine
    and yours...what do you like? Oh and why? (as an option)
    Why thank you RS. You can't imagine how hard it was to get that thing on his head... and then to pose!
    In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Spokes. All of them.
    Spokes hasn't posted in 4 months nor been on the site in 2 1/2 months.

I think Mrs Spokes caught him researching avatars on the web.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by BirdBrain View Post
    Why thank you RS. You can't imagine how hard it was to get that thing on his head... and then to pose!

couldn't been that hard, that chick works for bird seed!

Suddenly I have a warm fuzzy, feathery, feeling inside... and a big grin!
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

(Spent way too many hours playing this on my C=64 back in the day)
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post

I will let these guys reveal my real vote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5kmCgVhADY

Thumbs up

I think it's rick b's avatar that has the stove on it...having been a collector of old mining lamps, anything small, brass, and shinny creeks my neck on the double take!

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    Train wreck if a picture tells a thousand words.....yours says it all...I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I like ur's Rocketsocks... I told you that before. I always love WOO's (his changes all the time) Feral Bill's makes me laugh out loud. I like Train Wreck's- I like Coffee Rule's-Gray Blazer's, all for the same reason... it's very fitting. There's so many more but I got things to do..I'll be back. I like mine but I wish it would RUN & play the Bionic Woman theme song.(Good one, Turtle ) :P
    There's peeps here that can probably help with that, automation...yours is awesome, and call it hunch, but I'm bettin you are on the go most of the time....I love it! it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Lone Wolf
    Ya Know, when I see Lone Wolfs name....my mouse gravitates to the click on icon....always pithy

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
    Spokes. All of them.
    I miss ole spokes, now I'm gonna drop him a line. Hope he's off on some great adventure! always love nature shots..no pun. hehe

My favorite too.
    Ya know, those could all turn out to be family photos, boy shut some up!

Oh but I can, I can...love the tilt, kinda makes the whole thing Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post
    Spokes hasn't posted in 4 months nor been on the site in 2 1/2 months.

I think Mrs Spokes caught him researching avatars on the web.
    Or, maybe a Mrs. spokes finally let him catch her. eh what's in a avatar anyway....love the name Max Patch, it rings, it rolls, it's a place I can hike to!

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Nice new Owl Woo...always look forward to a new one...and sometimes an old one too!.................

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post

(Spent way too many hours playing this on my C=64 back in the day)
    Interesting how symbology has threads that run in and out of so many facets. Your picture and mine share the symbol on many tarot decks known as The Seeker, it is the first card in many tarot decks...I too had a miss spent youth. Didn't know my son took this shot of me till we uploaded when we got home...Woooo spooky man..freaky deeky!

Mags, your avatar caught me on more than several occasions, strangely wanting a snickers bar, and have logged out, and down to the kit to fulfill such wants....a dirty trick indeed...Survey says right on dude!

PS still have my ole' Timex Sinclair, ya had to down load to a audio cassette to replay. Took hours to type in 300 lines of code, just to play space invaders(I have no patients when my kids say...it's loading to slow....been there)...then my roommate bought C-64, and the timex Sinclair went in a box..been there ever since. There worth about fifty bucks now....I'm holdin out for $52..it's got the 8mb optional ram. hehe
    Last edited by rocketsocks; 02-08-2013 at 17:20. Reason: I hit post reply...way to soon...brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck View Post
    The picture was taken at the end of a long day. I was dog tired.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    HB, that movie(I thought) was about a half to long...but the make-up was awesome..we watch Face-off on the boob tube here, I think V. Neal may have worked on that set???

Images

I'm thinking of becoming a winner in this category by making an avatar of the December calendar shot!

As you might guess from my avatar, I like to see posters use pictures of themselves as their avatar. When I see posts over time with a face attached those posts more quickly assemble into a distinct and memorable personality for me -- and I tend to have more positive feelings toward that personality. This might be because we are less likely to say venomous things if we suspect our picture here would make us easier to recognize on the trail someday!

(Yeah, I know this was posted in the "hiking humor" forum, but the question sent my thoughts off in another direction.)
    Last edited by map man; 02-08-2013 at 22:32.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by map man View Post
    As you might guess from my avatar, I like to see posters use pictures of themselves as their avatar. When I see posts over time with a face attached those posts more quickly assemble into a distinct and memorable personality for me -- and I tend to have more positive feelings toward that personality. This might be because we are less likely to say venomous things if we suspect our picture here would make us easier to recognize on the trail someday!

(Yeah, I know this was posted in the "hiking humor" forum, but the question sent my thoughts off in another direction.)
    Agree with sentiment but my face would lose me a lot of friends here....
    My buttocks are better looking according to my wife.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++