WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting Closer!

39 days until my flight to Atlanta... Just finished reading AWOL's book... again.

Working as an IT Contractor sucks. Pay is amazing. They never let you know if they will extend your contract until 1 month before its up. Current contract ends March31. Hear rumours they will extend another 3months. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by pegcam View Post
    I'm flying in to ALT too! I'm trying to find information on what's the best way to fly with my backpack. Are you using a duffel or other type of bag for the flight. Have you found any advice on this. I was thinking I would find a cheap duffel that I a toss once I get there. Or should I just check the pack as luggage?
    Check it as luggage. Some people wrap their bag in plastic wrap

My last day of work is Friday. Shooting for a march 1 start date. Waited for this some 33 years. Yeah I'm excited. Been section hiking for a few years. Can't wait for the thru hike to start. See you out there

49 day´s and I cant await it. I really really want to start better now than tomorrow...but I have to wait until March 28th ;(

Journal Entries
    Images

We leave New Hampshire on Saturday (3 days ) if Snow-ma-geddon allows . Two weeks in Austin for grandson's BDay and to take care of some business then flying to Atlanta! Decompression at AFSP lodge then up to Len Foote then walking into the woods on March 9. I'm afraid my pack will be worn out before we get there if I keep unpacking and re-packing 5 times a day!
    A Vegan/Gluten Free hiking family of three hiking the AT.

Images

I just gave my retirement notice today! Wow, kind of a big step, but it's time. Alas, still 6 more weeks of work.

Tickets bought to Atlanta, we leave in less than two months. We'll be climbing peaks all over the NC/SC/GA area for a few days, then my wife drops me at ASP, and off I go. I look forward to crossing paths with you fine folks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++