Images

Default Ran into a "rogue" pine tree' !!

Came across a pine tree on the trail and got one leg over it and when the other leg came over it hit a busted limb on the tree and stabbed me to the bone. It hurt and bled like a stuck pig. Hiked out and found some hunters to take us to my car. Good thing we weren't too far in on the trail when it happened.
    leg.jpg
    |.............| Put this on your
    |... *..*....| profile if you have
    |....\o/.....| ever walked into a
    |.....|......| Patio Door that was
    |..../.\.....| CLOSED!!!!!!
    |.............|

Make sure you take care of that puncture wound infection can be dangerous. BTW ... Where have you been? You used to post a lot.
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

*Ouch*... welcome back in BumpJumper!

Images

Ho, man, that looks like it hurt! Just echoing moytoy, watch for infection. Puncture wounds are bad about that. How's your tetanus immunization?

Images

Govt must sanction pine trees, now. I say confiscate everyone's pine trees. I don't really know what I'm sayin' except missed you.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Red face

I had a tree try to knock me out once. Almost did, except for my cat-like, rapid-fire, lightning reflexes. Or some such.

Was hiking along, sweat pouring into my eyes, stinging them. So, grabbed a bandana with my right hand (which was also holding a hiking pole by the handle) and started dabbing my forehead. Just as the bandana fell in front of my face, the tip of the hiking pole got a mind of its own and took a notion to flail out at a tree next to the trail, hitting it like Robin Hood's arrow smack in the bull's-eye.

Needless to say, the pole instantaneously and solidly stopped quicker than my face could. The handle of the hiking pole tried to impale itself in the center of my face and almost knocked me silly. Well, it DID knock me silly. I almost sat straight backwards down on my butt, but recovered enough to only stumble around a bit while trying not to burst out in tears.

Thankfully, none of my so-called friends were with me, or you might have heard of this long ago!

I still look at that hiking pole with suspicion and keep an eye on it at all times now.

Rain Man

Last edited by Rain Man; 01-14-2013 at 22:10.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++