WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ex Officio boxer briefs is my choice for underwear.
    A chance for levity was my goal for this thread.
    My work is done here. I must be moving on to cause trouble elsewhere.
    Perhaps I will start a thread on the proper way to hang underwear at camp next.

this is cracking me up . . . I think you have to experiment, and weather conditions are critical to decide- your privates probably need some consideration too . . 103 degrees in PA this summer, female . . . after experimenting . . . no underwear and "glide" - get it at cycling shops solved our problems. when it is cold/ who knows. We will start with undies and expect to pitch them and replace (have undie mailers waiting in the wings) when we ask for them. so many thing to think about . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Oneofsix View Post
    this is cracking me up . . . I think you have to experiment, and weather conditions are critical to decide- your privates probably need some consideration too . . 103 degrees in PA this summer, female . . . after experimenting . . . no underwear and "glide" - get it at cycling shops solved our problems. when it is cold/ who knows. We will start with undies and expect to pitch them and replace (have undie mailers waiting in the wings) when we ask for them. so many thing to think about . . .
    It says you are at AA and your name is Oneofsix. Perhaps you should put the six pack down or quit AA. Seems like a conflict to me.

Ex officio double as great swim trunks as well, have never had anything pop out.

Under Armor Heatgear compression shorts. Cured all chafe issues, but will freeze your butt off if cold outside. You've been warned. Running shorts with the liner are also good.

Ryan

Images

Can't not wear underwear - just doesn't fit my persona and my pants won't hear of it either. I can sweat a bit.
    Tried expensive merino boxers etc - all seem pretty useless mostly, the "shape" and elastic seems to go very quickly.
    Now I just wear a very cheap brand of boxers, 97% cotton (!) and 3% elastane.
    Carry 1 or 2 spares, replace and rinse regularly.
    Do they stink? ALL my underwear stinks by 2nd day regardless of material.
    Do they work? - No chafing, hold their shape, because of price, happily replace on a town stop if they seem a bit too far gone to wash.
    Will I freeze my b###s off because they're cotton? No - they are the bottom layer.
    And most importantly - they're comfortable.

Underware should be required by law. Without, skid marks can come through light colored pants. Also, they help hold your hi capacity people killing assault gun in place while hiking. Smell is not an issue if you walk into the wind. Hang them in front of your tent or shelter and the bears will show you respect...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nat View Post
    Underware should be required by law. Without, skid marks can come through light colored pants. Also, they help hold your hi capacity people killing assault gun in place while hiking. Smell is not an issue if you walk into the wind. Hang them in front of your tent or shelter and the bears will show you respect...
    +1
    Used underwear on top of a pack has been known to keep all kinds of critters away.
    A mouse might risk it but that rat in the next sleeping bag who's after your chocolate won't....

Images

I say down with unnerware!

Actually Kanga said that.

If you are going to wear unnerware, it should have little red hearts on them.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Blazer View Post

If you are going to wear unnerware, it should have little red hearts on them.
    Now I know who stole my underwear!
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

Journal Entries
    Images

Go with the shorts with built in mesh support. Worked well for me during my thru. The less stuff you have to deal with, the easier your hike will be.
    Grampie-N->2001

Images

Exofficio boxer briefs on the trail.

Academy sports sells their private label rip off of UA - called BCG. Very happy with them and I'm really picky about my drawers riding up and heating up. $10/pr.
    GA 80-Miler

I agree with the 9" underarmour boxer jock: One pair to hike and a second pair to sleep in (although a nice cotton pair at night might be nice for sleeping). Not everyone is built with the physique to wear no underwear. Those who are a bit larger do have the issue of chafing between the thighs without some kind of boxer jock on. I don't believe a pair of underwear exists that will not smell after hiking. But remember, everyone loves their own brand...

Kilt would be the right answer. The options of what is underneath is limitless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++