WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Most likely you will never be hitching into town alone, there will be other hikers wanting to hitch a ride too, you will never be alone too long on the trail

Safety: One word ... okay TWO words ... Neck Knife [use a toggle instead of a knot] ... doesn't have to be heavy or large, just enough to show you mean business.

AS I've said before, if only Meredith Emerson had had a weapon instead of relying on her "martial arts" skills and her Lab ... Unless a Dog is Trained, don' expect it to protect you ... OKAY, maybe a Pit Bull, maybe a German Shepherd, a Doberman, a Rottweiler ... but NOT a Lab.

READ the rules about Hitching ... It's ILLEGAL in certain States ... BETTER to keep the shuttle list handy than to worry about an arrest ... and wear that neck knife.

Coosa
    My blog, dedicated to my Dad: Chasing the Trail
    Proverbs 4:26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
    Hike Your Own Hike

Quote Originally Posted by jared View Post
    Most likely you will never be hitching into town alone, there will be other hikers wanting to hitch a ride too, you will never be alone too long on the trail
    Sounds like the name of an Alfred Hitchcock movie ... "You will never be alone too long on the Trail" ... maybe Rod Serling's Twilight Zone?

Thanks for the chilling thought.
    Coosa
    Proverbs 4:26 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
    Hike Your Own Hike

Quote Originally Posted by linder View Post
    Anyone planning for a 2014 hike?
    Here >> http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/show...-Class-of-2014
    Hike Your Own Hike

Mainer here - I plan on taking the long walk home from GA next spring. Starting in Mid March or so.

I have been seriously thinking about going next year also. I was worried about being alone, ( yes, I'm a female ) but after reading about all the other women going solo I'm thinking I might do it. It would be nice if a group of us could start together and then if we decide to head out on our own later we could. : )

Good luck too every one and happy hiking and Enjoy but remember Patience in the beginning is KEY to a successful thru Hike well it was for me any ways. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME 06 & GA-ME 2012)

The Vermont section is very nice. Glastenbury Fire Tower is good, as well as Stratton Pond.

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOG View Post
    Good luck too every one and happy hiking and Enjoy but remember Patience in the beginning is KEY to a successful thru Hike well it was for me any ways. RED-DOG ( Flip-Flop 96 & GA-ME 06 & GA-ME 2012)
    Thank you thank you ;o)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++