WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tjteoo383 View Post
    huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
    huong dan ca cuoc online
    huong dan ca do bong da
    huong dan ca cuoc bong da
    huong dan ca do tren mang
    huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
    huong dan ca cuoc bong da
    huong dan ca do bong da online
    huong dan ca do bong da tren mang
    huong dan ca cuuoc bong da online
    huong dan ca cuoc bong da tren mang
    huong dan ca do bong da truc tuyen
    huong dan ca cuoc bong da truc tuyen
    huong da ca do qua mang
    huong dan ca cuoc qua mang
    you appear to be well huong

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Andy, I just checked and tjteoo's campsite list is totaly inaccurate.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    How are we going to pay the registration fee.............do they take Green Yankee dolla?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    yes, foxwoods is not a campsite

Images

I just noticed that this hike is for next weekend, not this upcoming one. Work is more likely to interfere with my ability to hike that Friday than this one. Will stayed tuned to your plans as they develop and advise of my sitch as it does.
    The more miles, the merrier!

NH4K: 21/48; N.E.4K: 25/67; NEHH: 28/100; Northeast 4K: 27/115; AT: 124/2191

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    I just noticed that this hike is for next weekend, not this upcoming one. Work is more likely to interfere with my ability to hike that Friday than this one. Will stayed tuned to your plans as they develop and advise of my sitch as it does.
    10-4 good buddy

Images

Andy: Is like getting back to normal in Long Beach area? I haven't been able to follow your reports, hope things are ok.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
    Andy: Is like getting back to normal in Long Beach area? I haven't been able to follow your reports, hope things are ok.
    yeah there are still a lot of vacant homes, and many cant really start to rebuild until after they get their insurance money, but yeah its aas close to normal as its gonna be for a while.many of the shops in long beach have yet to reopen, the main street in the west end beech street is still dark, storefronts and restaurants still mostly closed.
    the bars are all open. there are priorities you know.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Wow, sounds like fun, but too much for me! You guys are Real Hikers, and as a clueless weekender I'd be tail-end Charlie in your group. 18-mile days in winter are beyond me right now.

One of these weeks I may come on here and try to organize a nice slower-paced trip, probably in the Cats. If people really want to see white blazes, it could be something in NY/Conn/Mass. At this point I might wait for warmer weather so as to do stuff in the Cats without having to tote snowshoes, crampons and ice axe. I like it better when I can hike safely in just microspikes.

I'm looking forward to your trip report. Take lots of pictures!

HB: Yeah, at this point getting back to normal is all "hurry up and wait." My brother finally spoke to the public adjuster, and he's at last got a steamfitter lined up and an electrician to install the new service and sign off on the inside wiring. They're working on a lining up a contractor to strip the siding and do the mold remediation. My aunt got a lot of help from my cousin, and she moved back into her house Christmas Eve. My brother says they did a terrific job with the remodel, new hardwood floors and everything. My foster sister found a senior apartment, and her house is just going to be bulldozed, it's a total loss. She's not crying, she'd rather spend the insurance money on something else.
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Images

Hi Kevin: I don't think is the jet set you fear. Sounds more like 36 miles in three days, and the terrain in question is not terribly fearsome. It will be spike and/or snowshoe conditions, though. I'm not organizing it, but I'd bet you'd be welcome if you were able to join for a day or more.

Andy: Sounds about like what I would've expected. Glad to hear there's progress. I hope Congress will soon pass aid for the affected area. Yet another area of unexcusable delays, I think. Helping people who get walloped by hurricanes shouldn't be a political football, seems to me.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Wow, sounds like fun, but too much for me! You guys are Real Hikers, and as a clueless weekender I'd be tail-end Charlie in your group. 18-mile days in winter are beyond me right now.

One of these weeks I may come on here and try to organize a nice slower-paced trip, probably in the Cats. If people really want to see white blazes, it could be something in NY/Conn/Mass. At this point I might wait for warmer weather so as to do stuff in the Cats without having to tote snowshoes, crampons and ice axe. I like it better when I can hike safely in just microspikes.

I'm looking forward to your trip report. Take lots of pictures!

HB: Yeah, at this point getting back to normal is all "hurry up and wait." My brother finally spoke to the public adjuster, and he's at last got a steamfitter lined up and an electrician to install the new service and sign off on the inside wiring. They're working on a lining up a contractor to strip the siding and do the mold remediation. My aunt got a lot of help from my cousin, and she moved back into her house Christmas Eve. My brother says they did a terrific job with the remodel, new hardwood floors and everything. My foster sister found a senior apartment, and her house is just going to be bulldozed, it's a total loss. She's not crying, she'd rather spend the insurance money on something else.
    hey kevin we have to hike this spring. i get up to new paltz at least once a month, not too much of a stretch to the cats.

Clueless Weekender
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    hey kevin we have to hike this spring. i get up to new paltz at least once a month, not too much of a stretch to the cats.
    Sounds great! I'm always hurting for people to go with. I hate club outings, they always seem to be made up of people who are (a) fiercely competitive and (b) at least 30 years younger than I am. And my wife doesn't like me going solo. It would be terrific to have someone to shuttle cars with. There are a lot of hikes there that don't work well as loops.

Gee, I'm already thinking about where to go. What have you done already? Burroughs Range? Escarpment? Devil's Path? Blackhead Range? Or maybe a bit of no-blazing?
    I always know where I am. I'm right here.

Images

I've been thinking about doing this hike sometime in the next year. I'd like to hear a report of your hike, particularly the Mohawk trail's conditions the storms we've had the past couple years.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Another Kevin View Post
    Sounds great! I'm always hurting for people to go with. I hate club outings, they always seem to be made up of people who are (a) fiercely competitive and (b) at least 30 years younger than I am. And my wife doesn't like me going solo. It would be terrific to have someone to shuttle cars with. There are a lot of hikes there that don't work well as loops.

Gee, I'm already thinking about where to go. What have you done already? Burroughs Range? Escarpment? Devil's Path? Blackhead Range? Or maybe a bit of no-blazing?
    except for a hike to kaaterskill falls with my kids like 10 years ago, i havent hiked the catskills since the 80s. devils path is all i remember, so im pretty much open to anything.i usually head up to minnewaska and mohonk for dayhikes, i can get a great workout and the scenery is outstanding. if i wanted to travel farther i usually end up in nh or maine, so ive kinda skipped the catskills for some time.although in the last year ive been filling in some sections of the at in ct and mass.
    bottom line -ill go anywhere

Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    except for a hike to kaaterskill falls with my kids like 10 years ago, i havent hiked the catskills since the 80s. devils path is all i remember, so im pretty much open to anything.i usually head up to minnewaska and mohonk for dayhikes, i can get a great workout and the scenery is outstanding. if i wanted to travel farther i usually end up in nh or maine, so ive kinda skipped the catskills for some time.although in the last year ive been filling in some sections of the at in ct and mass.
    bottom line -ill go anywhere
    It would be fun to do some group hikes over that way. I want to do Kaaterskill Falls and the 4K peaks over there, and I want to start hiking some of the NY section of the A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Koozy View Post
    I've been thinking about doing this hike sometime in the next year. I'd like to hear a report of your hike, particularly the Mohawk trail's conditions the storms we've had the past couple years.
    As of October it was in pretty good shape. There are blow-downs here and there and a few spots where I had to stop and hunt a bit to find some blazes, but I was hiking at a difficult time of year when the trail-bed was buried in freshly fallen leaves.

It's not like walking the hiker super-highway that is the AT, which is part of the reason I liked it so much.
    ~~
    Allen "Monkeywrench" Freeman
    NOBO 3-18-09 - 9-27-09
    blog.allenf.com
    [email protected]
    www.allenf.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywrench View Post
    As of October it was in pretty good shape. There are blow-downs here and there and a few spots where I had to stop and hunt a bit to find some blazes, but I was hiking at a difficult time of year when the trail-bed was buried in freshly fallen leaves.

It's not like walking the hiker super-highway that is the AT, which is part of the reason I liked it so much.
    Sounds like you were out before Sandy, so there could be some damage out there yet.

AT 2012

...if you read the weather forecasts (very) selectively next weekend should be a great time to be out! actually, with no additional snow forecast in the upcoming week, the snow now on the ground should be most walk-able, so completing the loop may well work. I would imagine that all of the trail is well broken by now, anyway. with the forecast of a tad bit of liquid snow next friday i think icing is the biggest issue and some kind of microspikes might be in order! at least the temps won't be terribly low. I have formally entered the pre-hike ecstasy stage.
    Lazarus

Images

I just hiked the short stretch from Rt. 55 parking to 10 Mile Hill summit and back late this afternoon. There's a lot less snow out there than in Central CT. About 4" of base, less lower down, a bit more higher up. The trail was well packed out pretty well the whole way, all bareboots or spikes, no snowshoe or ski tracks that I could see. If we get a good rain in the next week, at least down in Sherman, the snow might be all or mostly gone. Up in Cornwall/Sharon area, probably there's a bit more snow, though I'd note there was essentially none on the A.T. in the part of Kent I did on Christmas Eve, before the 12/29 snow.

Images

thanks for the report driver8.right now it looks like its going to warm up nicely towrds the end of the week.hope we dont have too much rain if any.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++