WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Red face Who is Through hiking the Appalachian 2013!?

I am going out March 1st! Can't wait! Wondering who else is going out there and maybe we can meet up!

Xoxo Brooke:

Images
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

I'm thinking about an April or late March start if I don't get a job. Interviewing a lot next week, so it's up in the air. I might do Damascus to Katahdin because I did Springer to Damascus this summer, but if I can save enough I might do the whole thing.

Journal Entries

Thank you

Journal Entries

you should do the whole thing!!!! live life to the fullest

If anyone is interested, here is my book I wrote on my thru:
    http://www.amazon.com/A-Test-Of-Time...N%3DB009L5B874
    A man said to the universe, "Sir, I exist."
    "However", replied the universe, "that fact does not instill in me a sense of obligation."

Journal Entries

Leaving around March 15 NOBO!

I'm planning on heading out as near the first as possible. Think it lands on a Friday so I'm expecting a fairly large size crowd starting that weekend. Probably the largest single assembly of the whole trip. Shelters will be slammed but I guess that's why we pack our own shelter. Plus, since I'm hitting it solo, it will be cool to meet others. I'm expecting somewhat of a party atmosphere to start with being so many people, who, let's face it, aren't going to make it to springer. I'm not planning any speed records, and I always enjoy a good time, but I hope to find a few good souls to travel with that have fun, but still ultimately keep their eye on the prize. Wonder where we'll be on April 20th?

My current IT contract ends March 31 which is a sunday. So that means my last day is that Friday March 29. That means I could be on the trail on Sunday March 31. Unless they extend my contract and I have to work....hmm lots of money or become homeless

Then arrive and try to make friends that wont out distance me within 50 steps of the stairs lol
    Then make friends that laughs at my jokes.

Dont get voted off the trail

AT Survivor reality show. that would be cool

Journal Entries

Default Who is Through hiking the Appalachian 2013!?

That would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That would be awesome!!
    After reading some other threads I understand the danger of trying to hike with a group. If their pace is faster than your own you will get injured trying to keep up with them.

Did a 12 mile desert hike last weekend over 3 peaks with elevation climbs of 800 feet each. I coud barely walk the last 2 miles and to the resturant for dinner lol

And thats with a 15lb pack. Goal is to do that twice a week until April. Plus 4x weekly gym

Journal Entries

"After reading some other threads I understand the danger of trying to hike with a group. If their pace is faster than your own you will get injured trying to keep up with them.

Did a 12 mile desert hike last weekend over 3 peaks with elevation climbs of 800 feet each. I coud barely walk the last 2 miles and to the resturant for dinner lol

And thats with a 15lb pack. Goal is to do that twice a week until April. Plus 4x weekly gym[/QUOTE]

Wow I wish I was doing some training like that! Haha today I hiked 10 miles while it was snowing like crazy!

++ New Posts ++