WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Mouse!

Images

Default Mouse!

Fill in the blank:
    If you left your water bladder open and a shelter mouse used it as a privy you would _______ with the bladder.

"cryogenically freeze said mouse" (can't find Loner's video of the frozen mouse)

How much did the bladder cost? If it cost more than a pos from Walmart, I'd probably wash, rinse, repeat a few times and bleach it. If it's a homemade wine box bladder, I'd make another one.

Images

It's a camelbak, so like mid $20's I guess... said mouse was MIA by morning.

Bleach will kill anything. Plus, the govt allows more rat poo in a box of Cheerios. But, I guess it's a personal call. Personally, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Bleach and some vigorous swooshing will kill anything.

I'd chuck it.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Sterilize the bladder by peeing in it myself and then feed the mouse to an AT shelter cat! Why don't the AT shelters have individual shelter cats? Might be a good idea to get rid od of the rodents.

You gotta meet the world halfway.
    Near boiling water. Shake. Repeat.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rev_sunshine View Post
    Bleach will kill anything. Plus, the govt allows more rat poo in a box of Cheerios. But, I guess it's a personal call. Personally, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Bleach and some vigorous swooshing will kill anything.
    I disagree other than Bleach will kill -- You have no idea what the regulations are for a box of cheerios or how many millions of dollars these companies pay to prevent just that. Please follow Dogwoods idea - and just a few drops of bleach if you must. The peanut butter industry recently learned this hard way after some 30 people died to rats in production. Some one should have gone to jail.

If you would like a little fun pour warm water into the bag of cheerios and close put in a box and liquid it by shaking then hold a strong magnet at the bottom... there's your iron!

Walmart has a set of brushes in the camping section, (from time to time)
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 11-17-2012 at 21:19.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Burn it. Are you going to take a chance on getting some nasty disease to save $20?

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by EJC View Post
    Fill in the blank:
    If you left your water bladder open and a shelter mouse used it as a privy you would _______ with the bladder.
    Mice crap and urinate all over everything you own when in a shelter (even for a break). It ain't the damn plague (not on the AT anyway). Wash it out and carry on.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

GA-ME 2011
    Images

I thru-hiker would fill it at the nearest creek, add some Aquamira and hike on.
    "Chainsaw" GA-ME 2011

Journal Entries

Don't shelter mice use hikers mouth, nose and any open orifice as a privi when they can.

If the bladder is needed then sterilize it as much as practical, if not then it would depend on how much it skeeves me out.

Peace

Images

Put duct tape on the outside of the bladder so you can't see the mouse poo floating in there. If you can't see it, it isn't a problem, right?
    Punchline - GA-VA 2012

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by RWheeler View Post
    Put duct tape on the outside of the bladder so you can't see the mouse poo floating in there. If you can't see it, it isn't a problem, right?
    Agreed. Things such as your scenario is precisely why I don't look into my water bladder too often.

With the amount that I sweat, the dehydration that would be caused by ditching a water bladder at a shelter is far more of a danger then east coast mouse turds.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Images

I'd chuck it. I prefer recycling disposable bottles so this isn't even a question.

++ New Posts ++