WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Cabot Hosiery Mills - Darn Tough Annual Sale

This is probably only of interest to folks near VT but Cabot Hosiery in Northfield Vt is having their annual sock sale, this past weekend and this upcoming weekend (Nov 17th and 18th). They bascially open up the doors to their warehouse and sell seconds and irregulars of their socks including Darn Tough socks. The make all the socks in VT and supply the US military as well as a lot of private labels and everyone of their socks are made in the US in VT and have been for 50 plus years. A lot of folks had driven several hours to be there so my 100 mile drive wasnt that far.

Its a tradition in VT to go to the sock sale and waiting in line is to be expected. I expect many vermonters plan on getting a bag of socks for christmas. I picked up several years of work and hiking socks including several pairs of Darn Tough hiking socks in a variety of colors and styles. I also picked up a few bags of their military socks that have the same fiber blends as the Darn Tough hiking socks plus they tend to be bit bulkier for winter hiking. Everything they sell is lifetime guarantee. The prices ranged from $1.50 a pair for the military socks to $6.50 for Darn Toughs. Most of the socks I bought were about 65% merino with other synthetics making up the rest of the fibers.

This is walk in sale only so no phone orders. Their street address is 364 Whetstone Drive, Northfield VT. They are few miles off of I89 just up the road from Norwich University.

Its back and starting this Saturday

http://stowelocal.com/event/cabot-ho...ugh-sock-sale/

Locals will be in line long before 8:30 AM, dress warm, and be prepared to walk a bit to your car. I am still working off my bag of socks from last year. I may have worn out one pair in the past year. The military socks especially the winter weights are hard to match, a bit more synthetic than their standard hiking socks but hard to beat. I used to use smart wools and once I started using the Darn Tough I have never looked back.

This is walk in sale only so no phone orders.

Sock sales is serious buesiness!

I stopped by last Sunday. Less of a crowd than past years. All hiking socks and ski socks were $8 a pair. They still had the military socks but no half price deals this visit so they were $6 a pair (past years they would have "red dot" specials, two bags for one). The sale continues Saturday and ends Sunday 11/20.

My annual reminder that the Darn Tuff Factory Sale is coming up. The don't announce it until about a week before on their facebook page but its usually the first and second weekends of VT rifle hunting season (the founder said he picked the date so that hunting widows had something to do). So it should be Nov11th, 12th, 18th and 19th, but check their facebook page.

Walk in only no mail order. I have plenty in stock from my last trip so no sale this year for me.

++ New Posts ++