WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

:banana Early Start Companions for NOBO Spring 2013*!

Hey everyone, I'm Julia, a 20 year old wannabe thru-hiker. I'm looking for companions (of any age) to start out with from Georgia. I'm in good shape and am extremely excited to get going. I'd like to get started mid or late February. Any one?

This could be us. THINK ABOUT IT.
    Last edited by JuliaCarney; 10-30-2012 at 10:50.

I'm sure there will be lots of volunteers, my understanding is that companionship NOBO is not hard to find.

On a side note, if anyone wants to borrow my Delorean to help this young lady out…but I'm guessing typo and she is planning on 2013 instead. Although I too would have wanted to have a go early this year knowing what the weather was like.

Best of luck on your journey.

you wont have any trouble finding a buddy. NOBO Feb 16th for me

...Yep, I meant 2013.

I'm planning on starting the trail late feb/mid march and cant find anybody that wants to do it or can take off work long enough. I'm 28 year old guy from Thomasville, Ga. I just recently moved back home from Destin, Florida to prepare for my next adventure. I understand plenty of people will be on the trail but i prefer to find someone to start the travel with. I am not the most experience hiker but i'm in great shape, ive been preparing myself, and always up for a challenge. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are interested or just add me on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by JuliaCarney View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm Julia, a 20 year old wannabe thru-hiker. I'm looking for companions (of any age) to start out with from Georgia. I'm in good shape and am extremely excited to get going. I'd like to get started mid or late February. Any one?

This could be us. THINK ABOUT IT.
    Hey I am 20 as well and I'm planning on leaving early to mid february, I would love to have a partner to go all the way through with, think it would be a great experience to meet someone on the trail if your really interested in having a companion on the trail message me back

I'm 19 and starting my NOBO thru-hike in early-mid March. I know you're starting in mid-late February but, who knows, we might cross paths at some point. Look forward to seeing you on the trail(maybe)! Hahah. Good luck if not!

Hi there, I'm taking a semester off school, and I'd love to spend my break hiking the AT. I've never hiked any part of it before, but I would love to make a thru hike. I have no obligations from now until August for school. I would feel more comfortable starting the trail with someone I know, rather than relying on hopefully finding someone to hike with once I get there (even though it's apparently super easy to find someone.) If my plan works, I would like to start towards the end of Feb as yourself. I hear the beginning of March is way too crowded.
    But anyways, I'm 20 as well, in good shape, and super stoked about taking some sort of adventure. I've lived my life in school, and now that I'm taking a break, I need to spend my entire time outside! Email me at [email protected]

Default I will be out there

Hey Julia,
    if your up for a sporadic and comical adventure with your hike then hit me up, I will be lurking the trail around the same time with a gaggle of goofy people who love fun and adventure and nature and boogie boards and donuts and hiking and using and a lot and did I mention the A.T? Text ole Dakota Joe anytime, 2394101625, my trail trip this year is gonna be written into a novel
    "I want you to doubt me. I don't want you to believe, because this is something I must use to succeed." -Eminem

++ New Posts ++