WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

:banana Drunk stories.....

Just wondering... Is there anyone out there with a drunk trail story? Please, do share....

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

I don't remember having any.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    I don't remember having any.
    How funny!

I've heard of the occasional drunk camper who falls into the camp fire and sets them selfs ablaze, but have not personally seen that happen.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

If I told stories, I would have to change the names.

If I changed the names it would take away the point of the story.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

If you google "drunk Hiker Tales" they show a picture of Baltimore Jack.
    "You don't have to think fast if you move slow" Red Green

I saw a drunk camper step into a fire once, luckily not burned but soles of shoes were melted...and one almost extinguish one by vomiting on it.

okay......

So this one time, I was out with a friend of mine hiking around the Mohican Outdoor Center in NJ. This was a rare occasion as we decided to both bring a pint whiskey with us since it was going to be a cold night and felt it may help w our warmth. I sipped the bottle until it was finished... I was feeling pretty good. I poked the fire a bunch of times with my stick...

and then!!!!!!........................................ .... DUN DUN DUN DAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I fell asleep in my tent and woke up with a horrible hangover. Never again.
    Smile, Smile, Smile.... Mile after Mile

Images

my very first trip to the whites in '76 i had hiked franconia ridge, came down the falling waters trail into the pemi and stayed at desolation shelter which has long since been removed. met a few other hikers at the shelter as it began to rain. one of the guys had a bottle of yukon jack, another had a psychodelic substance that was thrown into the bottle for enhancement of the experience. as it dark we started playing cards, and after an hour or two we were all pretty hammered+. one of the guys got up to relieve himself and we continued to play cards.i dont know how much time had passed but we still were waiting for this other hiker to return. he didnt have a flashlight and it was pitch black in the rain, and just as we started thinking about going to look for him he appeared out of the dark, naked, bleeding on both his knees. we couldnt stop laughing. he didnt say a word climbed into his sleeping bag, pulled it over his head and we didnt see him again till morning.
    in the morning my head hurt.
    a lot.

Default may be god or bad depending on how you look at it

So, back in '04.
    Some friends and I were back home for the summer from college. We decided to hit up one of our favorite camping spots on the MN river. To get there you can either hike in 5 miles or, as we chose, take a boat up the river. We were all happy to see one another again after another long school year and looked forward to telling all of our new stories about our respective experiences. There was booze a plenty, since we boater in and weight was no issue. As nightfall came we had stoked up a pretty nice fire going and we're siting around drinking stiff rum and cokes. There were a few ladies who came along for the festivities but were not staying the night because work the next day. My friend and I offered to walk them back to their cars via the state trail.
    Long story short, I woke up on an unfamiliar doorstep of a house out in the country in my underwear, under a cold steady rain. still tired and pretty drunk it seemed as though my only choice was to go inside this house. I wandered around from room to room until I found the bathroom. I look in the mirror and the explanation was written all over me. Literally.
    Apparently, that night there was a pretty intense meteor shower and unbeknownst to us some of our othr friends had gone out to walk the state trail to watch.
    The note written on my chest and stomach, in blue permanent marker read something like this:
    Matt, I carried you 5 miles down a trail. The house you are at is my girlfriends. We didn't know where you lived and didn't want to bring you home anyways. Your clothes are in the washer. Please apologize to dani, you threw up in her car as well as on yourself.
    You owe me big time!
    John

Also, he left me with a captain Morgan moustache markered on my face as well. All in all, I'm very lucky to have run into these guys on the trail and that they had the patience to deal with my dumb ass.

Images

THE DANGLER

Good one............there are times you get through a serious drunk and wonder how they heck you made it through.

Trail Days has got to be a source of many drunk hiker stories.
    Enough is OK, too much is just right.

1974, me and two buddies carried a case of beer UP Old Rag Mountain. One buddy was "A Turtle" and initiated me and the other guy. He threw up in his sleeping bag (we were sharing the tent) and never woke up. I made sure he didn't gag, and then staggered out of the tent to get away from the stench. I think I then fell off the top of Old Rag. Woke up around 1 hour past sunrise to people staring at me. I was passed out on some big rock right off the trail where everyone gathered to watch the sunrise. I sobered up pretty quick then, but powdered eggs.................. It was late that afternoon before the pounding in my head went away.
    We packed out the empties down the fire road.
    "you bet your sweet a** I am"
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorsMan View Post
    Trail Days has got to be a source of many drunk hiker stories.
    been there done that

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    been there done that
    den there bun that
    "Hiking is as close to God as you can get without going to Church." - BobbyJo Sargent aka milkman Sometimes it's nice to take a long walk in THE FOG.

Why is being drunk, or being around someone who is drunk, amusing? Have a little pride. Wonder how many of you clowns have driven drunk, too? Har har. Barrel of laughs. Do us all a favor, stay home and pretend you're cool there.

This has been posted on WB before but for those who haven't seen it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMDTOPlpdKY
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

at Mountain Crossings on Leap Day (Feb. 29) this year, Pirate busted out a bottle of tequila and made tacos. one of the people that was hiking with us got really hammered and acted like a complete moron, prompting Lumpy to slam her head into a bunk bed post. it was hilarious, and she deserved it. she later fell into a pile of wood in the breezeway.

this is where she earned the trail name "Boozah".

Quote Originally Posted by pafarmboy View Post
    Why is being drunk, or being around someone who is drunk, amusing? Have a little pride. Wonder how many of you clowns have driven drunk, too? Har har. Barrel of laughs. Do us all a favor, stay home and pretend you're cool there.
    wow, lighten up. just because you don't drink doesn't mean you have to be a buzz killington to the rest of us.

Images

I used to get drunk when I was younger, but its just not worth it the next morning anymore...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++