WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default AT Thru-Hikers in Asheville NC area

I live about 45 minutes outside Asheville in a small town (Columbus) and I plan on hiking the AT in June (SoBo), was wondering if anyone in this area would be willing to meet up so I can gather new perspectives, any valuable information, and make new friends.

Thanks.

-Austin

Austin, consider going to SORUCK ,a hiker gathering every year @ the NOC. it is near you and you can meet a lot of hikers ,many with thru experience. Generally there are 100- 150 people . It is on martin Luther King weekend in January and the NOC is Natahala Outdoor Center There should be an announcement here and a new facebook page has just been started. You will be pleased and rewarded for your time investment and the social time is very good also!

Thanks Razor! Will definitely be going.

I live in Asheville. I'll hopefully be able to make it to NOC this year. I'll be going NoBo starting in March but I'm available to help if I can.
    Blue
    Attempted Thru Hike 2011 - Springer to The Dutch Haus
    2014 THRU HIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Knott View Post
    I live about 45 minutes outside Asheville in a small town (Columbus) and I plan on hiking the AT in June (SoBo), was wondering if anyone in this area would be willing to meet up so I can gather new perspectives, any valuable information, and make new friends.

Thanks.

-Austin
    I'll be in Asheville working with the ATC from January 7th until I leave for my NOBO thru (March ~18th)...I think it'd be a great idea to meet up for trail talk, and I plan on making it to SORUCK as well...
    "We shall never achieve harmony with land, any more than we shall achieve absolute justice or liberty for people. In these higher aspirations the important thing is not to achieve, but to strive."

++ New Posts ++