Default ~*Looking to form a group of hikers!*~

Hi there! My name is Nikki~ I'm 21 years old. I'm looking for a group of thru-hikers (any age) to hike the entire AT! GA>ME Spring of 2013! I Have most of the equipment and I'm pretty stable with money. Also I'm in no rush to finish the AT, but I would love to finish it within 4-5 months if possible. I'm looking for someone who will also be in shape.(You don't have to be in top shape.) Please, serious hikers only! Thanks!

Here is a copy of my about me from my profile I tried to list the positives and negatives about myself that one should know about.)

Hi i'm nikki. I'm a very open person. My personality varies as I feed off of other energy's. I care too much about people and animals.I enjoy listening to others whether it's a personal problem or a deep conversation. My dream is to hike the entire AT. I'm willing to get dirty and go days or a week without showering.My only concern is my spine. I have scoliosis, so sleeping on the hard pavements will be quite rough for me. Also,I'm a very picky eater! I like a lot of plain foods,but I don't think it will be a big deal. I will also need to get in shape prior to the hike. I'm very scatterbrained. I'm not the person to depend on entirely. For example, Planning the trip/knowing where to go. I would need someone to help me out with directions. I'll probably get ya lost!

Another heads up. I forgot to add that I hate bugs! Especially spiders and ticks. They scare me. If you end up going hiking with me you'll probably hear me complain and freak out a lot!

I'm planning to hike the AT early spring of next year as a thru-hiker. My goal is to hike 15-20 miles per day,maybe even more (depending on the weather/area/and if others are willing to go further) Hoping to gather some new friends to possibly hike with the entire trail. Please feel free to message me with any questions~

** If you are interested, I would love to get to know one another. If you don't mind writing about yourself (similar to what I've posted from my profile.) Thanks again!**

Sorry guys I didn't mean to post an unhappy face.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

It will be tough to find anyone doing that kind of mileage at least for a few weeks. Your best bet is to find happy hikers when you get there that go your pace. There will be plenty.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

A group of hikers forms on Springer Mt pretty much every day from late Febuary until Mid May or later. All of them plan on hiking the whole AT...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Hey it sounds like I'm wanting to do the same thing as you. I'm 25 and in ok shape. Ill def need to get in better shape but I think I can keep up with 15-20 miles a day and want to finish within 5 months. When are you planning on starting? I'm thinking late April to avoid the cold as much as possible. I plan on doing the whole thing. I feel like this is the last chance I have to attempt something like this before I have more responsibilities. But I can't guarantee ill make it the whole way. Stuff happens

Journal Entries

hey there take a look at my girlfriends blog . it will give you an idea if you too would get along i think she'll be starting mid Feb. but you'll have to ask her her exact plans. Good luck on your journey!!! http://www.whimsyseasons.blogspot.com/
    Be Well and Have Fun
    Glassman
    CSS

Hi all,
    A month ago I hiked Old Rag Mountain in Madison County, Virginia. It didn't seem much at first, but after completing the entire hike I was...dead... It definitely opened my eyes and gave me a taste of what it would be like hiking the AT! I've done a lot of exploring and hiking but this 'tiny' trail ( I'm comparing to the entire AT) made me re-think everything. I must admit that I was very disappointed in myself. My confidence went south. I need to stay positive. I need to start working out more and really focus on staying positive/motivated. Honestly, I don't think I could keep-up with 15-20 miles a day. More like 10 miles a day to start, and build up from there.

@glassman Thanks, I will definitely take a look at it!

Images

If you don't like bugs,then you won't like hiking in the warmer months....nothing like the biting gnats in TN....

Journal Entries

Default ~*Looking to form a group of hikers!*~

I am also 21 years old starting march 1st 2013
    if you are interested in joining me and my friend Danielle who is also 21! I don't mind bugs so may get a little irritated with you but I can make that fun hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by animalspeak View Post
    Hi all,
    Honestly, I don't think I could keep-up with 15-20 miles a day. More like 10 miles a day to start, and build up from there.
    I agree. My goal is to just average 15 or 16 miles per day overall to finish in 5 months. I def thing in GA it's a good idea to start out only hiking 10-12 miles the first few days because your legs need to be conditioned. I just hope to condition myself a little before then so I can work my way up to 15 mile days pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
    If you don't like bugs,then you won't like hiking in the warmer months....nothing like the biting gnats in TN....
    Didn't have trouble with them biting as much as flying into my ears.

Images

Hi Nikki,

I am trying to set up a group for females only. I have been thinking about doing this hike for over 10 years, so this is something I'm definitely not going to back out of, but would like to feel safe whilst doing it.

I'm a 24 year old female. I just graduated from college. I'm not in the best shape, either, I've got a bit of excess fat here and there, but I'm working on it.

I plan to leave late march; if you're interested please let me know.

Images

24 female fresh out of college, here... and I feel the same way.

I have no responsibilities, and I've challenged myself mentally by getting a degree. It's time to challenge myself physically. I'm leaving in late march if you're interested in joining me? I'm trying to get an all-girl group together for safety purposes.

++ New Posts ++