Red face Hiking Partner(s) North Carolina

I would love to hike/backpack all over the state of NC/SC/TN but I don't want to go alone. I started backpacking/hiking after I quit smoking a couple years ago but all of my friends are just not interested (don't understand that) I plan on doing a thru hike of the AT before I'm 60 so I hope to find someone who would like to set a date and plan for the AT. Anyone interested in hiking any of the trails around here please let me know!

Keep an eye on the WB postings and you are likely to see others looking for company to hike with. There's a GA loop posted now. Three of us are planning an Art Loeb Trail hike 10/19-21. PM me if you have an interest...same goes for anyone else...maximum of 8 due to being a wilderness area.

I am in your same situation!

I love to hike and backpack, but none of my friends want to do it.

I live an hour south of Asheville, right near the SC line. My plan is to hike the entire AT beginning to end, but it will have to be in sections. Right now I have over 100 miles done (I am working my way North from Springer to Katahdin). Sometimes I go for a 10-12 mile day hike, but most of the 100 miles has been backpacking.

My short section hike ended a few weeks ago at Wallace Gap in NC ("Old 64). I normally go solo, but this past time I had a partner. He was a VERY fast hiker (compared to my 1.5 to 2 mph pace) and we didn't hike at all during the day, but it was sure nice to know that someone was nearby at night. We got along great, and I'd be very interested in doing it again. I'll PM you!

Aldgreene,

Tried to PM you, but the system won't let me.

Images

Default Hiking Partner(s) North Carolina

Heading out of Neel Gap on the 14th of this month. Move any where from 8 to 12 miles a day. Finishing at Dicks Creek Gap or NC boarder depending on how I feel. Usually go solo but don't mind company.

Being in Gastonia you're not all that far from Morganton and there are some fantastic trails north of Morganton on Hiway 181 near Linville Gorge. The Mountains to Sea trail crosses the road and heads down into the Wilson Creek area which I recommend. Upper Creek, Harpers Creek, Lost Cove Creek---all great places.

Images

Tried to send you a PM, you don't receive them? Anyway, I am of like mind and area!! Let me know...

++ New Posts ++