WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

WhiteBlaze automatically logs a user off after 15 minutes of inactivity. Typing a message or replying to a message that takes more than 15 minutes does not show activity because the page is stagnant. We have to set some type of time limit, otherwise it would show you logged in 24 hours a day if we did not have a limit.

If you log in using the check mark in the block "Remember Me" and have cookies enabled on your computer you will not run into this problem.

If you do not want to use the Remember Me block or use cookies and know that your going to type a message that will take more than 15 minutes you could avoid this problem by having two browser windows open in WhiteBlaze. Have one browser window opened to the Who's Online window, this automatically refreshes every 60 seconds and by doing this it will not log you out. Without closing this Who's Online window you can go to the second window and start typing the message that you think will take more then 15 minutes to type in the second window.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by chiefiepoo View Post
    It's not a bug. It's a feature!
    [QUOTE=Lyle;1342210]This sounds like Apple Computer speak. That's what they told us when the Touch started draining it's battery within a few hours unless you put it in airplane mode. They got away with it.

We used the "feature not a bug" statement when we were still using punch cards! And yes, I still have my first card set to show my science classes !!

My problem is sometimes I can just click on the WB shortcut and I'm still logged in, even days later, other times I have to log in again after 30 minutes. No apparent rhyme or reason. Oh, well. Technology = convenience = laziness?

Thanks for the reasoning, ATTroll!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    This is VERY annoying. I've never had it happen on other forums. I just got done spending 20 minutes writing up a trip report on my Tahoe Rim Trail trip, had the site log me out without warning, lost it all when I tried to post. Won't be spending the time to re-write this.
    yup.............................pain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++