WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

I'm amazed. Last time we talked, he though it would be Oct 1st. But he made it yesterday afternoon. Wow - he made it faster than I thought he would, I wonder if he night -hiked. He tried to call me last night but I didn't make it to the phone in time and he was getting short on minutes. He told Corajeanine that he hiked with two day hikers and and also some of the people he and Wildcat had met in Caratunk. (I think, or it may have been Monson - I'll have to straighten that out. anyway, the day hikers drove him to Millinocket where he stayed the night of Sept. 29. And today they will drive him to Bangor where his grandmother lives. I'm so proud of him and still can't take it all in. I know he was eager to see his grandmother and after his visit head to Ohio to see Wildcat. Woo-hoo. Without any grace whatsoever, I'm doing the happy dance. Can't wait for a phone call, photo or videos.

You know I couldn't be happier for you, Loner and Corajeanie!! This entire trip has been such a life changing experience for all of you. I'm glad I met you all!!
    We'll stay in touch!! Happy dance

New Loner videos! There are 3 new videos. Just thought you all would like to know

Journal Entries
    Images

Great Job!!! Enjoyed his videos.

AT Hike 2012 (135).jpg

I believe this is a pic of Loner on the far right taken at the NOC Outpost in Gatlinburg. We had been waiting out a snowstorm and were waiting for the shuttle back to the trail. The guy on the left is Lone Star from Texas....he was planning to bicycle back to Texas after reaching Maine. We all stayed at the Hotel right down the street from NOC run by the nice ladies. Can't recall the name but it's well known and used by hikers. I remember him as a really friendly dude just like in the vids. Congratulations on making it. Due to issues at home beyond my control, I had to leave the trail just past Damascus.

Miguel/Cat in the Hat

AKA LONER Class of 2012 SnakeSession's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaATMom View Post
    I'm amazed. Last time we talked, he though it would be Oct 1st. But he made it yesterday afternoon. Wow - he made it faster than I thought he would, I wonder if he night -hiked. He tried to call me last night but I didn't make it to the phone in time and he was getting short on minutes. He told Corajeanine that he hiked with two day hikers and and also some of the people he and Wildcat had met in Caratunk. (I think, or it may have been Monson - I'll have to straighten that out. anyway, the day hikers drove him to Millinocket where he stayed the night of Sept. 29. And today they will drive him to Bangor where his grandmother lives. I'm so proud of him and still can't take it all in. I know he was eager to see his grandmother and after his visit head to Ohio to see Wildcat. Woo-hoo. Without any grace whatsoever, I'm doing the happy dance. Can't wait for a phone call, photo or videos.
    Hey Mom! (And everyone who posted on this thread)

Thankyou so very much for all your support and help along this long journey. I know it was very hard for you as a Mother and am sure your 6 months were much harder than mine. I could not have done it without all your help. The awesome foodboxs kept me feed all along the trail, your emails, pics and news from home, and your patience all kept me going.

Thanks also to everyone who has been keeping up with the video series or my Monther's blog. I read the whole thing and am proud that it will be posted here oon WB for other Mothers and hiker support people to read for years to come.

Loner aka Jeffrey

Serial Hiker
    Images

Big Congrats to you Jeff for finishing the AT! Thanks for taking the time to share your journey with us through your videos. They were great. You have a good eye for what to put in them.
    What's next!?
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeSession View Post
    Hey Mom! (And everyone who posted on this thread)

Thankyou so very much for all your support and help along this long journey. I know it was very hard for you as a Mother and am sure your 6 months were much harder than mine. I could not have done it without all your help. The awesome foodboxs kept me feed all along the trail, your emails, pics and news from home, and your patience all kept me going.

Thanks also to everyone who has been keeping up with the video series or my Monther's blog. I read the whole thing and am proud that it will be posted here oon WB for other Mothers and hiker support people to read for years to come.

Loner aka Jeffrey

Hey Loner... I just watched more of your video's, the most important being seeing you finish!! Awesome and Congrats!! I also enjoyed watching the Loner/ Wildcat Vid's. Love those... so happy for you guys!! Your Mom is a great support person & a good friend!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++