WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Skipper View Post
    The reason that shock cord is desirable (prehaps more so with hammock tarps, but also with tents and tent-tarps) is that silnylon and to a lesser extent polyeurethane coated nylon, will stretch slightly when under load. So if there is any wind, the fabric will stretch and the lines will be a bit slack in the morning. Using a short piece of shock cord at the end reduces that tension and can tighten to make up for any fabric stretch. I now have a cuben tarp, which has effectively no stretch, so the necessity for shock cord is really greatly reduced.
    well its official im an outlaw...i stole your rigging set up im hanging at the farm right now thanks alot b skipper i love it nice tight tarp.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hairbear View Post
    well its official im an outlaw...i stole your rigging set up im hanging at the farm right now thanks alot b skipper i love it nice tight tarp.
    Glad I was able to share the knowledge and that someone was able to take something good from it.
    The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..." Isaac Asimov

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Images

Wow, that "Animated Knots by Grog" is really cool.

Images

I like the animated Knots thing too. I learned to tie two basic knots from Hennessy Hammocks how-to videos. The lashing,and a variation of that prussik sliding knot. My other favorite is the butterfly knot, because you can put it in the middle of a line without pulling a bunch of line through, great for guy lines. Same with the clove hitch, really easy to make in the middle of the line without pulling the rest of the line through...I use for bear bagging with the PCT hang.
    Please don't read my blog at theosus1.Wordpress.com
    "I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. Thank God for Search and Rescue" - Robert Frost (first edit).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++