WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    AT 2012

This is definitely a self-serving offer: I used to be a copy writer. I almost never read an electronic book without finding several typos. I often find typos in published books. Want a "free" proof read? I would only comment on grammatical and spelling problems. Hey, this is kind of like offering to "test" camping equipment!
    Lazarus

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    I would be very interested in reading his story, and applaud your effort to collect that piece of family history. Hey, most "published" books about the AT are pretty casually written. Your father's memoirs should be fine -- and especially of interest to us "older" hikers...
    +1, looking forward to it.
    DeerPath

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY
    IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY,
    BUT RATHER SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING "HOLY CRAP....WHAT A RIDE!"

"Without them we perish." eArThworm's Avatar
    Images

I don't see this book on Amazon.com -- where/how can it be purchased??

This is definitely a self-serving offer: I used to be a copy writer. I almost never read an electronic book without finding several typos. I often find typos in published books. Want a "free" proof read? I would only comment on grammatical and spelling problems. Hey, this is kind of like offering to "test" camping equipment!
    He is still making last minute revisions for the "available on Amazon" version, which will not have as many color images that his personal run of 25 author's copies. And he is correcting some details that I doubt anybody would care about...like the size of the cookies distributed by the Cookie Lady. I hope to have it available in both print and Kindle formats by the holidays (between Thanksgiving and Christmas), if Easy One will ever stop massaging the content.
    Craig L Barry

I'd be interested in it. Sounds cool. Tell him congrats from me for such a wonderful collection of stories

Oh, I would definitely love to read it. How wonderful for you that your dad wrote down his experiences!

Will you post on here when it is available on Amazon?

Images

I agree and will make the same, but not competitive!, offer. Books that are "published" without benefit of editing really are a distraction to the reader. Some make me want to gag, trying to wade through the author's carelessness, as in, the author doesn't care and doesn't respect the reader the least bit. As an attorney, I'm pretty much a wordsmith by trade and necessity, plus I enjoy reading and read a lot. I'd be more than happy to offer almost any AT book author my services, gratis.

I figure I'm most likely to buy and read the book anyway (i read most AT books), so why not kill two birds with one stone, and bless a whole lot of other people to boot, if an author wishes.

BTW, whether or not you allow me to stick in my meddling nose (won't offend me either way), I'm still very interested in his memoir, however composed and published! Sounds like an amazing hiker and I'd look forward to reading his own story.

Rain Man

Last edited by Rain Man; 12-12-2012 at 11:06.
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Sounds like it will be an interesting and entertaining read. Can't wait!!
    "We wanderers, ever seeking the lonlier way,..."
    Kahlil Gibran ~ The Prophet

I would definitely buy it.

[QUOTE=Rain Man;1372188]"published" without benefit of editing really are a distraction to the reader. Some make me want to gag, trying to wade through the author's carelessness, as in, the author doesn't care and doesn't respect the reader the least bit.

.[/QUOTE
    I agree! As a high school grammar teacher, college composition instructor, and a part-time book publisher proof-reader, I am always willing to assist in writing editing and revision. Due to my high interest in hiking, I am willing to "pre-order" and pay for this book prior to proofing it!

Images

I'd buy it but only in book form. No interest in eReaders.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The book "Easy Does It" is at the printer now, it ships out in about a week and will be listed on Amazon.com by the end of December. The ironically named "Easy One" was a bit stubborn about the revisions necessary, but it is finally where he is satisfied with it and done with all the changes. I have been over it and over it and I still don't know what comes next most of the time. He sure mentions ice cream a lot, and Trail Angels.

I will post the link to the book on Amazon once the copies are in hand. For now (until I figure out publishing in an e-reader format) the book (152 pp with 13 color images and the rest B&W),will only be available perfect bound for the target price of $25 + shipping.
    Craig L Barry

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Baggins View Post
    I'd buy it but only in book form. No interest in eReaders.

Ditto here, I need a real book. I'd love to read it.

I do hope you'll be able to get it into e-reader shape soon. I've given up buying books as I don't want to keep accumulating physical possessions - except for my Kindle library! I've got about 30 AT books on it now and would very much like to read Easy One's account, but I'm hoping for the portable format.

EASY DOES IT is back from the printer, I have the book listed on ebay as item 221168815461. Or you can email me at [email protected] for a copy, $25 + $3 shipping (paypal). Once I figure out Amazon.com and e-reader formats, there will more options but for those of you who have been waiting, it is now available.
    Craig L Barry

Congratulations

Appears it is now listed on Amazon as well. Congratulations! Your product is now listed for sale on Amazon.
    Easy Does It: Thru Hiking the Appalachian Trail At 81

• ASIN: B009AOPD2M
    • SKU: V4-1DHN-LUY0
    Craig L Barry

Images

I just went to Amazon and it says the book is unavailable. I'd like to buy it as a Christmas present to myself. I'll check on ebay now.
    Lead me to the long green tunnel.

Yes, Amazon shows the listing inactive? So I listed it again. See if it works now. Maybe the easiest way is to order it
    direct and use paypal or send a check and I will get a copy out to you. [email protected].
    Craig L Barry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++