WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Smile Do hikers happen to look at Airbnb for places to stay off trail? (Cascade, MD)

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and have been looking through the different forums and threads trying to figure out the best place to ask this and possibly post information about my airbnb set up I have here at my home. I live in Cascade, MD and am about a 5 minute drive from the Devil's Racecourse Shelter in Maryland. I have recently listed my home as a place to stay inexpensively via airbnb in general and wondered if there was a place that was appropriate to share this information with hikers. A friend suggested I post at the shelter but I would rather know ahead of time and be able to prepare for folks who would be interested in staying off the trail so I would know exactly what I could provide for those interested including rides as needed if I am able to do so. I live right behind the Cascade post office, across from Fort Ritchie and there are several little stores in the area on the mountain that can be utilized as well for supplies. If you feel this is a good place to share the information I can do that or if you feel there is a better place to post this that would be great too. I have had some wonderful guests stay via airbnb recently and felt like those on the trail may want a place in the area to have access to as well.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance ahead of time and hope that in some way this helps those along the trail.

Soolah

Images

what is 'airbnb'?

Interesting. I just looked up Airbnb for the 1st time. I'd think White Blaze would be a good place to post. Also, make yourself known to whatever AT Hiking Club does the trail maintenance on the 100 miles around Cascade MD.
    virgil

get in the guidebooks. make sure it says reservations required though. although it sounds like you would probably cater to the section hiker rather than the thru hiker, us section hikers still refer to the thru hiker guidebooks when looking at logistics.

AT 2012

My wife and I stayed at an air bnb- listed bed and breakfast room recently. It was a good experience and seems like a good idea. we're considering offering rooms through them since we live across the street from a prep school. Kind of like a retirement plan! I say go for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Lazarus

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 1azarus View Post
    My wife and I stayed at an air bnb- listed bed and breakfast room recently. It was a good experience and seems like a good idea. we're considering offering rooms through them since we live across the street from a prep school. Kind of like a retirement plan! I say go for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Hey, that's great, The Hawks are having their big Columbus Day Tournament, and I got a bunch of games to do... long drive from Saybrook...........................Kidding!

Images

Vey cool...do you feel there is a good place on Whiteblaze that is best to post this in. Also, what guidebooks would you all suggest to get into? Here's the link to my place on Airbnb so you all can get an idea of what it is about and what I have to offer so far: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/423854 Mind you it is a work in progress but coming along and I have two rooms that i have on Airbnb right now. Coach Lou, if you go to the link it can give you an idea of what it is all about. I will also gt in touch with the local AT Hiking club and trail maintenance folks too. I feel like I am in kind of a prime location for those hiking in the area since I am across from Fort Ritchie and near not only Devil's Racecourse but also High Rock and Pen Mar Park. I am also 5 minutes from the PS border and Waynesboro is about 15 minutes from me though there are actually closer places to go to for supplies and all. I also figure there may be points that weather is more severe at times and my place would be a nice little safe haven to come to if it gets wonkie out there.

Thanks for the advice and for any help in the best places to post it here at Whiteblaze...

Soolah
    "We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust. The stars form a circle, and in the center we dance." ~ Rumi

Images

Oh and PS - the one room has a full sized bed and the other a twin. I also have a cot and the chair in the one blue room pulls out to a bed as well so there's additional bunking options if needed.
    "We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust. The stars form a circle, and in the center we dance." ~ Rumi

AT 2012

Quote Originally Posted by coach lou View Post
    Hey, that's great, The Hawks are having their big Columbus Day Tournament, and I got a bunch of games to do... long drive from Saybrook...........................Kidding!
    pm me...!!!
    Lazarus

++ New Posts ++