WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much drama!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Too much drama!

Hello I'm Rasty and I'm part of the problem.
    In the last few months the arguments have gotten out of hand. I have contributed to this as much as anyone. Today I realized how we come across to others. A simple question as a first post from a brand new member of Whiteblaze turns into a argument within 20 posts. What a poor way we welcome new members.

I am going to stay out of the BS going forward.

There are a few members I would like to single out as my Whiteblaze roll models, 10k for always being positive, Brianlee for doing the same and being very knowledgeable on all three major US trails, WOO for yelling at me when I've gone too far, MAGS for always being positive and funny at the same time.

The final member is Rocket Socks who while being goofy has not to my knowledge every been derogatory to anyone and I hope he didn't quit Whiteblaze. There are others I've forgotten to mention, but you can help.

Add a post if you agree or wish to pledge to quit arguing or reacting to obvious threads just looking for a fight.

Don't post if you don't agree, I'm not going to react!

Whiteblaze is supposed to be less stressful than work!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    Hello I'm Rasty and I'm part of the problem.
    In the last few months the arguments have gotten out of hand. I have contributed to this as much as anyone. Today I realized how we come across to others. A simple question as a first post from a brand new member of Whiteblaze turns into a argument within 20 posts. What a poor way we welcome new members.

I am going to stay out of the BS going forward.

There are a few members I would like to single out as my Whiteblaze roll models, 10k for always being positive, Brianlee for doing the same and being very knowledgeable on all three major US trails, WOO for yelling at me when I've gone too far, MAGS for always being positive and funny at the same time.

The final member is Rocket Socks who while being goofy has not to my knowledge every been derogatory to anyone and I hope he didn't quit Whiteblaze. There are others I've forgotten to mention, but you can help.

Add a post if you agree or wish to pledge to quit arguing or reacting to obvious threads just looking for a fight.

Don't post if you don't agree, I'm not going to react!

Whiteblaze is supposed to be less stressful than work!
    Rasty - I couldn't agree more. You are a wise man! Thank you for posting this.

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't remember yelling at anyone
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    Same here, but then again there are lots of things I don't remember posting. Most of the time this happens to me between 23:00 and 03:00 on the weekend.
    Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Back to Rasty's comment, I do wish that people would pay more attention to the join date and post count of the people they are replying to on threads. I can think of a half dozen times this year when a brand new member created a new thread only to get screamed at for asking, not the best way to get and retain members on the site. (Full disclosure, I admit that I accidentally snapped at a brand new member earlier this year because I forgot to check his join date before replying, but hey, nobody's perfect.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm the elf View Post
    Back to Rasty's comment, I do wish that people would pay more attention to the join date and post count of the people they are replying to on threads. I can think of a half dozen times this year when a brand new member created a new thread only to get screamed at for asking, not the best way to get and retain members on the site. (Full disclosure, I admit that I accidentally snapped at a brand new member earlier this year because I forgot to check his join date before replying, but hey, nobody's perfect.)
    I think the point is, from what I hear Rasty saying, is not to snap at anyone whether they are a new member or not...

As a new member I have found this site very helpful. I do soak in all the advice and trail wisdom. Maybe I'm not reading between the lines deep enough, because I sense everybody here is pleasant and friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnbones View Post
    As a new member I have found this site very helpful. I do soak in all the advice and trail wisdom. Maybe I'm not reading between the lines deep enough, because I sense everybody here is pleasant and friendly.
    HikerMom is meeeeaaaan. Don't let her fool you.

Images

If you were on the receiving end you might....... (got any duct tape?)
    YOURSELF Find, Know, Be

click HERE to become rich!

Journal Entries
    Images

You must be an owl too.... oops an elf.... didn't know you were nocturnal
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

You must be an owl too.... oops an elf.... didn't know you were nocturnal
    We sleep whenever Santa tells us we are allowed to, doesn't happen very often.

and we are back to this again

OP of the month!
    KK4VKZ -SOTA-SUMMITS ON THE AIR-
    SUPPORT LNT

That's a great post Rasty. I'm sorry for reacting so strongly to people that push my buttons. I pledge right along with you not to react to them in a negative way anymore. It takes a lot of nerve to post what you did.... I respect you very much for doing it. THanks buddy!

Images

I constantly have to remind myself that everyone's opinion is just as valid as mine.

Images

I have often asked for WOOs counsel, and I thank him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl:1333957
    You rightly chastised me for getting into with Toli without reason. You may have been on some serious pain meds at the time but you were correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
    You rightly chastised me for getting into with Toli without reason. You may have been on some serious pain meds at the time but you were correct.

He sent me a PM about that too... He's reined me in a few necessary times, and I always thank him for it

Images

I think it's some sort of weird lunar cycle
    every month or so we seem to get involved in drama. it would help if we were all out hiking more.

Wanna-be hiker trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    it would help if we were all out hiking more.
    We can't go hike, it's too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by HikerMomKD View Post
    I think the point is, from what I hear Rasty saying, is not to snap at anyone whether they are a new member or not...
    I always remind myself that this is just the internet, nothing here is personal. I also try (emphasis on try) to never post anything online that I wouldn't say to the person face to face.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++